AutoRemote IFTTT Maker Parameters

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Starfleet, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Starfleet

Starfleet New Member

Been using the params with IFTTT maker as one of my devices. The recipes controlled my LIFX bulbs. I have a few recipes, but the simplest was simply lifx_all_changecolor=:=FFFFFF.

I did not touch a thing. Exactly 0 things changed on my end. That recipe worked 5384 times over the last several months. Five days ago, it just stopped. I even pulled my last droid out because it was working before I got a new phone. Does not work.

The channel works fine if parameters are not used, such as lifx_all_random, in which no advanced, parameter-based declarations. I looked at doing it manually via ResTask, and it looks like that will work, but I have one word for how cumbersome JSON is compared to "=:=" .... groan..

Please investigate. Five days ago the LIFX API or IFTTT API changed. Something changed somewhere and =:= no longer works.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

sorry I can't test the LIFX API myself but I just tested AutoRemote and IFTTT with variables and it all worked... Do you by any change have access to AutoWeb?

3. Starfleet

Starfleet New Member

I have never heard of AutoWeb. I googled it, checked the play store, and checked AutoApps (newest version). But your answer indicates that LIFX has done something goofy... or maybe I have conflicted IFTTT recipes? I will look further into those, in the meantime, what is AutoWeb?

PS AutoApps is still an amazing collection and your upstanding record for helping its users promptly and kindly is admirable.

4. joaomgcd

AutoWeb is an AutoApp that's currently in Alpha so that's why you can't find it anywhere but the Alpha tab in AutoApps :) It has access to the LIFX API, that's why I mentioned it.

5. Starfleet

Starfleet New Member

I got an email, finally, from someone at IFTTT and it said LIFX changed its REST Call Body format citing the need to accommodate both words and hex numbers or some nonsense. As instructed in the email, I have deleted all LIFX recipes and created new ones. Everything is peachy again :)

6. joaomgcd

Great :)