AutoInput Integrating with Google Assistant "Remember" feature

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by cartoosi01, May 8, 2019.

1. cartoosi01

cartoosi01 New Member

I have a profile/task that, upon clicking a notification button, texts my bank then dumps my balances into global variables and shows a nice notification of them. I also have a task that can send commands to Google Assistant. (Yes I had to update that after they tweaked the Assistant interface sometime back)

So I set the bank profile to first tell Google Assistant "Forget my balance" (otherwise it remembers the previous one too), then it sends "Remember my balance is $1000" or whatever. I have Voice Match enabled in Google Home, so only I can get that answer.

Then at any time, I can ask my phone's Assistant or my Google Home Minis "What's my balance" and it tells me. I can schedule the task to run every morning so I'll always have a recent balance.

I figure this is useful because it lets you convert variables from Tasker into locally stored Google Home variables you can query by voice, no direct Tasker interaction needed. Google's verbiage is a little clunky but hopefully they'll clean that up at some point. "I remember you told me, remember my balance is $1000"

MaddMartigan and Adam Lopresto like this.
  2. cartoosi01

cartoosi01 New Member

It also works fine with using all three of my account balances, I ended up just using checking for simplicity. IE; you can dump several Tasker variables into a single Google Home "remember" entry if they're related, along with any descriptive text needed.

MaddMartigan likes this.
  3. MaddMartigan

MaddMartigan New Member