AutoWeb Possible issues with AutoWeb or its API's

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Daniel D, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Hello João,
    I've recently started playing with AutoWeb and with the Spotify API compinent in particular and I've noticed a few issues. I am putting everything in one thread as they are related. I'm not sure if these things are generally valid for AutoWeb or are particular to Spotify API component. I also assumed you wrote the Spotify API component.

1. While in an action, while trying to access the list of available variables, I would only get a list with the local variables, but without the name of the plugin that generated them. This issue might have only appeared after I bought AutoWeb (been using it with adds for a few days).
    [​IMG]

2. I have the following task using Spotify API: it goes through each album of an artist, gets the album's tracks and saves them to a playlist:

Code (Text):
    A2: AutoWeb Authentication [ Configuration:Web Service: Spotify Timeout (Seconds):60 ]
            A3: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Spotify
        API Action: My Account Info
        Market: DE Timeout (Seconds):120 ]
            A5: For [ Variable:%id_num Items:3:5 ]
            A6: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Spotify
        API Action: Get Artist Info
            A7: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Spotify
        API Action: Create playlist
            A8: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Spotify
        API Action: Get Artist Albums
        Market: DE
        Album Type: album Timeout (Seconds):120 ]
            A9: For [ Variable:%item1 Items:1:%album_id(#) ]
            A10: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Spotify
        API Action: Get album tracks
            A11: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Spotify
        API Action: Add Tracks to a Playlist
            A12: Array Clear [ Variable Array:%items_uri ]
            A13: End For
            A14: End For
    Without A12, if album n+1 has 14 tracks and album n+2 only 10, then the last 4 items of %items_uri would not be cleared. So when writing the %items_uri array to the playlist, album n+2 will appear as having its own 10 tracks plus the last 4 tracks of album n+1.

3. If I make a modification in the API (in my case I changed the country), every time I run an AutoWeb action with that API I am reminded to share the API with the rest of the world. I think this reminder should only be displayed once after a modification.

4. The "Get User's Top Artists" action of the Spotify API component is not working. I've searched on Spotify's API help, I tried to edit the action, nothing. All I get is this error:

Code (Text):
    22.01.28/ActionArgBundle key: JoinOutputArray: replace <null> String value with null
    22.01.28/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoWeb Web Service / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 14 bundle keys
    22.01.28/E AutoWeb Web Service: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoweb/com.joaomgcd.autoweb.broadcastreceiver.IntentServiceFire
    22.01.28/E add wait type Plugin1 time 120
    22.01.28/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    22.01.28/E handlePluginFinish: taskExeID: 1 result 3
    22.01.28/E pending result code
    22.01.28/E add wait task
    22.01.28/E Error: 2032794629
    22.01.28/E { "error" : { "status" : 400, "message" : "invalid request" }}
    5. When you create an API component, it would be nice if the actions were sorted in alphabetical order. It would make actions easier to find. Maybe mention this advice in the tutorials or even create an option to sort the list alphabetically.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Thanks and stay healty!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there!
    1. That has always been like that. Plugins only show the variable names :) Tasker itself shows more info.
    2. That's normal. Plugins can't clear arrays, so you have to do it yourself or else the existing arrays will be kept
    3. If you select "Don't share" it won't ask anymore
    4. Found the issue! The problem is that the default parameter "Market" can't be sent or you get that error. I've now added an option in Edit API Action Config to not use default parameters. Can you please try this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XYzoG4uGpn3nXlNO6ONEMeZPZfPSY8Xr/view?usp=sharing
    5. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

3. Icechest13

Icechest13 New Member

I also had the issue described in #4, I used a work around with AutoSpotify. I downloaded your new AutoWeb and unchecked the option for default parameters and it worked just great! No more need for AutoSpotify at all all! Thank you!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member