AutoNotification Regex, Autonotification and sports scores - I'd like to change the output of the notification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by BrianZ, Dec 1, 2019.

1. BrianZ

BrianZ New Member

New to Tasker and no programming skills. I found an xml profile that will cast my phone's notifications to my Google Home. (text to speech) Pretty cool.

I'd like it to speak in a more coherent manner. For example, most sports apps will abbreviate; instead of touchdown the notification states"TD" or instead of interception the notification states 'INT". So the Google Home says exactly what's printed - you can imagine how funny that sounds lol.

Is there a way using regex to replace TD and output touchdown, etc instead? I've done a lot of research and can't figure this out. Any examples would be appreciated.

2. virtual

virtual New Member

Why don't you use Tasker to process the captured text from the notification? Something like this:

ReplaceTest (96)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%text To:This a sample TD, not an INT! But this doesn't catch INTERSTATE for example... Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off Max Rounding Digits:3 ]
    A2: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%text Search:\bTD\b Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In Array: Replace Matches:On Replace With:touch down ]
    A3: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%text Search:\bINT\b Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In Array: Replace Matches:On Replace With:interception ]
    A4: Flash [ Text:%text Long:On ]

Then you can replace the first action by getting the text from %antext (depending on your notification).

Can you post the link to that profile? I need to to this too (and maybe check if it's available for Alexa, too).

3. BrianZ

BrianZ New Member

virtual likes this.
: regex