AutoRemote Scrub private info from tasker shares

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by CentralCommand, Apr 23, 2019.

1. CentralCommand

CentralCommand New Member

I was hoping to use taskernet to share some of my recent Tasker work but I can't because it uses a lot of AutoRemote. When I export my shares to XML and take a look at them it appears the AutoRemote Send Message steps include my unique IFTTT Webhooks identifier as well as the password I use for my messages. And as far as I can tell there's no way to use a variable for those particular data points so that info could be moved out of the action data and into variables (which aren't part of the share).

Can you automatically scrub this info out of shares/exports? Or provide an option to do so? A workaround here would be to dump my exports to XML and scrub this info out manually but then I can't use taskernet to host my shares and add to the useful collection there. Plus it seems like this should be part of the sharing process.

I don't use all the AutoApps plugins so I'm not sure if this is a problem with any others. But perhaps you could consider an audit down the road for similar issues as it would make sharing easier.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

A change would have to be made to the plugin protocol for that to be possible. It's not a insignificant amount of work :)

Can you add that request here so I can give it proper priority? https://tasker.helprace.com/s1-general/ideas Thanks!

3. CentralCommand

CentralCommand New Member

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

No problem! :)