AutoWear Start Hangout From Watch 1.0

Start a conversation in the hangouts app from your watch. No more "just reply" limitations!

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Start Hangout From Watch - Start a conversation in the hangouts app from your watch. No more "just reply" limitations!

Read more about this project...

2. Kaser

Kaser New Member

So this only works if your phone is unlocked right? If you have a lockscreen this will not work?

3. IVIanuuu

IVIanuuu New Member

Nice:) can u create the same for Whatsapp?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@Kaser correct, only if your phone does not have lockscreen security. It does work if your lock screen is just "swipe" though :)

@IVIanuuu I can try, not sure it'll work though :)

5. LEGOlord208

LEGOlord208 Member

Or you could use tasker action Keyguard

6. LEGOlord208

LEGOlord208 Member

Keyguard disables locksecurity

7. Kaser

Kaser New Member

I have just set up my phone via tasker so that while it's connected to the watch, no lockscreen, when it disconnects, lockscreen becomes enabled.
    Joao, is Autowear part of the subscription model? I am a subscriber but when I installed it I got a 7 day trial message, but that went away and now I can't find it. I'm guessing the app realized I'm a subscriber because I have autoapps and a few others installed?
    Also, with the newest version of hangouts, there is a stupid bug which causes the app to go to the middle of the conversation when it opens it sometimes. I don't know what causes this, but this throws off the actions autoinput needs to do it and it just kinda gives up. So if my phone is in my pocket or something and this happens, I have no way of knowing if my message went through. Any way of adding a confirmation at the end or something when the message is successful? Probably not, I can't think of one.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. Kaser

Kaser New Member

9. Mart de Graaf

Mart de Graaf New Member

I cant get it to work. I did what the messages said. I have contacts in autocontacts and i enabled the google+ contacts setting rebooted my phone but its not working. I still get get message to update my google+ settings. If this works i would be happy.

Your apps are awesome btw.

10. Kaser

Kaser New Member

So when you go into your phone's contacts, do you see the G+ associations with them? If you do see the G+ associations in the contact, then resync to auto contacts and try again. Let me know if that works.

11. Mart de Graaf

Mart de Graaf New Member

I found the problem.

The problem was that the contacts with google+ profiles are sepperate contacts. They have no phonenumber, and since the 'only with phonenumber' is standard on i didn't notice. when merging contacts again after removing phonenumer checkbox it worked.

I'm going to edit it so it automatically sends a message when i leave work. It still is a good task to use from your watch.

Thank you for your help Kaser

12. Kaser

Kaser New Member

No problem, glad to help.

If anyone can figure out how to get the hangouts message to work even when it has that stupid bug in hangouts that causes the delay by scrolling halfway up in the conversation... At least that's what I think is screwing it up, please let me know

13. Kaser

Kaser New Member

I think the newest beta of Autoinput squashes this bug due to the "Write" function! WHOO. I'll report back if the bug comes back, but every try so far has been successful.

14. Matt8

Matt8 New Member

I am at a loss getting this project to work, I'd appreciate any ideas!

I've imported the project into Tasker, enabled AutoWear, AutoInput, and AutoContacts. Each shows enabled in AutoApps. Tasker shows a little red alert next to the project, is that my hangup? In the "OK Google" prompt, saying Send Message sends an SMS. In AutoWear's listening service, it does nothing.

http://i.imgur.com/9S2cxw2.png
    http://i.imgur.com/PZITFwJ.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Bh4vo1J.png
    http://i.imgur.com/iNKZyXG.png
    http://i.imgur.com/uIZljtW.png

15. Kaser

Kaser New Member

Hm it seems like you're all set up. Does it show any of those specific red alert icons when you go into the task or give you a message?

16. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

So this indicates that there is an error in the task. Could you maybe include a Screenshot of the Task itself and not only the profile?

17. Matt8

Matt8 New Member

18. Kaser

Kaser New Member

Can you click on that last action which has the red alert symbol?
    Also just to be clear, when you use autowear are you making sure to not use "OK google" and instead seeing the autowear listening screen when you say "send message to (name)"?

19. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Ah I see where your problem is.
    You said you tried saying "Send Message" in the Ok Google prompt but that doesn't work. AutoWear doesn't intercept everything that is going on in the Ok Google prompt. You need to use an AutoWear Voice Screen for that or you could use the "Ok Google, Note to self" or any of the Launcher apps like it was explained to you in the initial AutoWear Tutorial.
    I don't know which phone you're using but it seems like it doesn't support the "System Lock" Action which has the red triangle on it in the Task.

20. Matt8

Matt8 New Member

Here is what the errored action looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/A0ITy3X.png

And yes, to be clear, I have tried it in the AutoWear Voice Screen after twisting my wrist (which seems to barely ever work correctly for me, but thats another issue).

This is a Sprint Note 3