AutoInput Unlocking the screen with AutoInput

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by scae, Mar 4, 2017.

1. scae

scae Member

Hi,
    I have an autoinput button press action - but it does not work with the screen off.
    So, I have managed to get autoinput to unlock the screen, double click on the tasker notification (which appears due to an icon change) and that opens the screen. Then tasker launches the app I want autoinput to operate in. So far so good.
    But if I get any new notifications, they appear above the tasker notification, which pushes it off the lock screen.
    Is there a way around this? Can I swipe up the lock screen to view the other notifications - or search for the correct notification to press? Or is there another way to get tasker/autoinput to swipe open the screen for me.

Thanks for any help.

2. scae

scae Member

I managed to get past the notification issue just by getting Tasker to generate a new one.
    But unfortunately it seems autoinput can't unlock a Nougat phone. I swear it worked previously but now it doesn't seem to disable the pattern security.

3. Silas

Silas New Member

Yeah I'm having a similar problem. Does this just not work on Nougat anymore?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It only works if there's no security on the lock screen, sorry! It's been like this ever since Android 6

5. Ktdt00

Ktdt00 New Member

I can pattern unlock nougat with the previous version 2.0 but not the latest. I had to TiBu back after the update in order for several of my profiles that do an unlock to start working again.

6. joaomgcd

Really, so the previous version worked for unlocking the screen even with security? It never worked for me on newer versions of Android... What device are you using?

7. Ktdt00

Ktdt00 New Member

I'm using a Verizon htc10 rooted running leedroid. It pattern unlocks fine with the previous version. I have to record the pattern on a random screen. The new version broke and then I had problems trying to re-record the pattern. It tossed an error about "not saved" or something like that.

8. Ktdt00

Ktdt00 New Member

Still running version 2.0 and it still pattern unlocks my phone even after upgrading to Oreo. Sure wish the newer versions could do this. I'd love some of the new features but having automation that can pattern unlock my phone is just too darn convenient :)

9. joaomgcd

I'm guessing it's because of the app targeting new API versions. :/ Wish I could bring it back too!

: screenlock