Open Android Q (10) and filtering on specific word in a text message

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Petey, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Petey

Petey New Member

Does Tasker currently work with Android Q and the received text event? I am having an issue where only once I saw the event trigger for a specific word in the text on Android Q (Verizon - Samsung S10+). My phone just went from 9 to 10 and complained to Samsung as it (Android Q) broke another app of mine (FireAlert) that was giving me the same result. However having fun with Tasker and want to get that to work. Samsung mentioned it would be fixed in the next security update but I was thinking Tasker's issue should be resolved now? Can anyone confirm that?

P.S. The one time it did work, it played my specific ringtone but noticed I was SOL after a restart. Also, how do I stop the ringtone? Does a "media control" "simulate media button stop" need to be placed after the music play task to allow me the option of stopping the ringtone?

2. Petey

Petey New Member

Okay I figured it out. I needed to wildcard * around both ends of the word. It threw me off because in my testing I was just typing in the word I wanted to match. So assumed it was not reading the text at all.

I would now like to loop the ringtone and provide a stop button but still can't figure that part out.

3. Petey

Petey New Member

Okay learning quickly. I mapped other profiles to the bixby key and display on to a task that does a music stop and that did the trick. Also did an alert popup to display an uh-oh image on my phone for good measure. Calling it a profile is kind of confusing. They are more like threads.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got it :D

5. Petey

Petey New Member

Fantastic product, having a lot of fun building things.