AutoCast AutoCast with Google Home

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by SailHawaii, Dec 30, 2016.

1. SailHawaii

SailHawaii New Member

I'm using the beta of Autocast ( v 1.0.22b). I have success in seeing my two devices, ChromeCast plugged into my Samsung TV and the Google Home device. I can switch between the two with AutoCast settings, and see images and listen to audio on each. Not always consistently, however, as I have to run the action a couple of times typically.
    My challenge is this:
    I cannot get the Voice option to work. I enter tex in the "say" field but never hear it on either device. Does the text get converted to an audio file? Should I be doing something to send that text to an audio file for delivery to the device? Also, can I use a global variable instead of actual text in the "say" field?
    My ultimate objective is to use a profile to listen for an incoming SMS on my Galaxy 6 mobile device and have it read through the Google Home device using AutoCast or other method.
    Any assistance is appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. I'll try looking in to this and figure out why it isn't working. In the mean time you should be able to use the "Say to File" action in tasker and then cast that as an audio file to get the same effect

3. Brian R.

Brian R. New Member

The new release with the SPEAK action works great for Google Home. No support for speaker groups yet but you can even get SPEAK to cast tasker variables, very cool!

4. joaomgcd

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

5. Mr_jagu

Mr_jagu New Member

Is Autocast working with google home group speakers yet?

6. joaomgcd

Not yet sorry!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. benh57

benh57 New Member

Definitely not working with my group speakers. Works fine with a single one... do i need some beta version?

8. joaomgcd

Oh sorry, I must have misread it. I meant that it works with speakers, not with group speakers. Sorry for the confusion.