AutoVera AutoVera suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Quixote, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Quixote

Quixote New Member

Ok, looks like I need to retype my whole *&^%ing message because I didn't choose a "prefix".
    Autovera now stops and asks me if I want to file a report whenever I try to refresh my list of veras (which I have done a number of times). My username and password are correct and have not changed. The system worked up until a few weeks ago and now it does nothing.
    Please suggest how to resolve this. I've already tried a reinstall.
    thanks in advance

TimGNO likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Do you mean that you filed a report after the app has crashed? Sorry for the trouble.

3. Quixote

Quixote New Member

Hi Mr. Dias,
    Sorry, I must've given up in frustration before noticing your reply. I have just started trying to figure this out again after flashing my phone to a new , more stable ROM. I no longer suffer from crashes when I try to find my Vera, but I receive a message that my authorization failed. I'm not sure why because I went to https://home.getvera.com/dashboard/display using my username and password that I reset the other day and was able to log in no problem. Using the same credentials will not work with AutoVera.
    I'd really like to fix this because I miss the features I had set up in the past (few, but a very useful few), but I'm not sure what to try next.
    Any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

On a side note, I really like the way Tasker has developed over the years. It's still a bit intimidating, but it seems to have advanced leaps and bounds in the years since I discovered it. Nice work!

4. Quixote

Quixote New Member

A little help here, please.

TimGNO likes this.
  5. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Did you restore the app on your phone using titanium? I would try to delete data on the app and launch it again.

6. Quixote

Quixote New Member

Hi, I started over completely from scratch after formatting the phone's various partitions.

7. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

If it still doesn't work get a logcat viewer and run the app. If nothing useful is system logs enabled in AutoVera?

8. Quixote

Quixote New Member

9. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

You mentioned partitioning your phone so I thought you rooted it and logcat is an Android log viewer requiring root permissions but this issue probably has nothing to do with the issue.

If you only see that single entry it's not finding your Vera.

What firmware version of Vera are you using? Which model Vera do you have?

Did you set up secure access only on Vera where you can't use the local ip address in the browser?

10. Quixote

Quixote New Member

I didn't partition it, I meant that I wiped all of the data in the predetermined partitions. I have rooted it as well.
    I have a Vera Plus and I'm running the latest firmware (1.7.4453)
    I am able to access the Vera from my PC using the LAN address, as well as the browser on my phone while connected to the wifi. Secure access only is turned off. The webserver indicates that internet access is ok, auto device detection is on and the firewall is turned off.
    Is there another password that I'm supposed to be using or something? I'm just using the username and password that I would use if I want to log in remotely.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    TimGNO likes this.
  11. TimGNO

TimGNO New Member

Did you ever manage to solve this issue? I'm stuck in the very same boat now, and look forward to using AutoVera once more!

Summary of problem: On VeraPlus running latest UI (1.7.4453), AutoVera app ver. 1.12 installed on Vera first, reinstalled on Android next, entered known-good login credentials in app, yet "Your Veras" will not populate. Stuck there! Same log message as above.

12. Alcaloide

Alcaloide New Member

Same here. Any help?

TimGNO likes this.