AutoVoice Background

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ggobeli, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Ggobeli

Ggobeli New Member

Title is supposed to say background autovoice recognize...

I posted about this a bit ago but the post has disappeared before being approved somehow. I got a new phone (pixel 4a, Android 11) and my profile to read text and reply by voice when connected to bluetooth won't work unless the screen is on and the hide dialog box is unchecked. I used to be able to do it all without taking the phone out my pocket. I think it has something to do with new permission system on android 11. I can only grant autovoice the microphone permission 'while using the app' unless I make autovoice the default assistant, but even with av as default I get a error that autovoice couldn't use the mic. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. Skeeterdrums

Skeeterdrums New Member

I've run into the same issue when I'm connected to Bluetooth and try to run Autovoice Recognize. Is there any setting that can be changed to grant this access? I don't have "OK Google" setup for any app, and I'm not using GEL.

Update: I noticed it will work without "hide dialog" flag on, then it will continue to work for about 30 seconds after this run with "hide dialog" flag on.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021