AutoInput Bluetooth Controller Mapping

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by emmidan, Jan 11, 2017.

1. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Tried key test but nothing happened when pressing any button.
    Just to recap all services are running Bluetooth up and down still work as normal doesn't seem like anything is happening.

2. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Don't drive yourself crazy sir. You've done more than enough. I'm on an S7 edge running Android 6.01

3. MikeW

MikeW Member

A couple of other things to check:
    1) In Tasker itself, is the gear icon in the upper left of the screen, grey or colored. If grey, Tasker is disabled. Long press the icon to enable it.
    2) After you import the project are you backing out of Tasker with the back key, not just hitting the Home button?

4. MikeW

MikeW Member

It could be a paid vs. free issue, but perhaps joaomgd can jump back in and tell us.

5. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Yep it's orange not grey... Also I'm pressing the bottom right back key to get out not pressing home key..... The plot thickens

6. emmidan

emmidan New Member

My notification area says no active Tasker no active profe

7. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Ok I've just paid £1.27 for auto apps and now when I press a button on the blue tooth controller the name of it appears on the screen so we are making progress! In my magic app when I press the button it just names the button but it's not changing it to be a keyboard arrow?

8. MikeW

MikeW Member

Good. Progress. What does it say when you press the left and right buttons?

9. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Played around a bit and have now realised that pressing the buttons on the blue tooth controller simply names the button on the screen. All buttons are named correctly and I guess this is coming from the key test profile that you sent me. When turning on all the buttons in the controller section and running my app NONE of the arrows are working now.... Maybe they are not simply arrow keys from the cursor but how can they not be as when I used my Bluetooth keyboard the cursor keys created the arrows?

10. MikeW

MikeW Member

Go into tasker, into the keytest project and use the slider to the right of the profile to turn it off and then try your app.
    Remember to back out of Tasker properly or the profile will remain enabled.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  11. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Sorry no response on any of the buttons inside the app.
    I think the profile is running okay bbut now all of the buttons are not responding on the blue tooth controller?

12. MikeW

MikeW Member

Ok. Re-enable the keytest profile and push each button in turn and tell me what they say.

13. emmidan

emmidan New Member

They say volume up 24
    Volume down 25
    Media previous 88
    Media next 87

14. MikeW

MikeW Member

Ok. It appears I'm trapping the right keys. Now I need to make sure I'm sending the right codes to the app.
    Disconnect the Bluetooth controller and hook up your keyboard. In Tasker, disable the "OnAppStart" profile in the Controller project and make sure that all the other profiles there are off as well. Now, on your keyboard, press the keys that make your app work and tell me what those are.

15. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Right I think I have the solution although I don't know how to program.
    Using your key test profile and my little bluetooth keyboard I've discovered the following.
    To make the arrows work this is what the keys say:
    Dpadup19
    D pad right 22
    Dpad down 20
    Dpad left 21
    These make the arrows appear on my app!

16. MikeW

MikeW Member

The only problem is that is exactly what my code is doing, or is supposed to be doing...
    Let's try this. Disable the keytest profile. Now go into the Controller project and enable all the profiles there. Back out of Tasker, hook up your BT button and try it again. (BTW, sorry for all this back and forth; this should have been simple.)

17. emmidan

emmidan New Member

Sorry same thing none of arrows work doing the above. If I turn off the profiles I do get the up and down arrows working only. Perhaps my Bluetooth controller can't be remapped? So there's no difference between left cursor arrow key and Dpad left in the programming. The labels just say arrow left which I guess are just labels. I bet you wish you never started this!!

18. MikeW

MikeW Member

Hmm. Very odd. it appears that the key suppress code in the Startup task is working, but not the AutoInput stuff. It must be getting kind of late for you. I still have a few things we can try, but do you want to wait until tomorrow?

19. emmidan

emmidan New Member

No keep going! I'm enjoying it as long as you don't mind I wish there was a way we could speed up our chats and replies though.

20. MikeW

MikeW Member

Ok. Let's try this. In the Controller project, go to the Tasks tab and click on one of the key tasks (It will be named something like "UpKey". That should take you into the task itself. At the bottom of the screen is a "+" sign click that and you should get a dialog box showing a bunch of Tasker action categories, one of which is named "Alert". Click that and you'll see a list of actions. Touch "Beep". A new screen will open showing a bunch of configurations sliders. Just ignore them and use the back button on your device. One click back and you should see the task code again with your new command added. Hit back again until you are out of Tasker. Now run your app and press the key on your controller that corresponds to the one you modified. Do you hear a beep?