AutoLocation Geofence start/stop schedule

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Shaun Wray, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Shaun Wray

Shaun Wray New Member

Good morning,

Is there a way to start and stop the geofence monitoring automatically, possibly though Tasker? When I'm at home, I don't need to continue monitoring, as I primarily use AutoLocation for my drive to/from work throughout the day.

Thanks,

Shaun

2. Shaun Wray

Shaun Wray New Member

I figured it out, wasn't all that difficult and I'm sure many of you found it to be quite elementary as well.

Since I only need the AutoLocation to be monitoring my geofences while I'm driving, I made a profile to turn the plugin - AutoLocation geofence monitor to on/off depending if my car bluetooth was active or not.

I'm trying to save a little battery by offing the monitoring when I don't need it.

How simple is that?

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad you got it :)

4. Shaun Wray

Shaun Wray New Member

Thank you!

5. snej81

snej81 New Member

@joaomgcd

I have done pretty much the same, but instead set Tasker to stop all monitoring when I connect to Wifi, and to start it when not connected to WIfi. Problem is Autolocation doesn`t recognize when i come into my Geofence (that is 300m from my home) until I am very close (like 20 meters).

This worked perfect before I was schedueling Autolocation through Tasker (when all activites was ON all the time). I have tried to set Update typ to ``high accuracy´´ but no difference.

Any ideas?