AutoWear Help on 4 screen

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by rmadrid20, Mar 28, 2015.

1. rmadrid20

rmadrid20 New Member

Can somebody help me to set up the 4 screen in autowear? Or any tutorial, i want to control my tv on and off and volume and the center button to change the input.
    Thanks

2. pbilton85

pbilton85 Member

Have you already got a app with tasker integration for your tv control or are you doing it with auto input?

If you have one of these methods to control the tv then you need to set up separate tasks for each action.

Next you need to think how you want the4screen to show up, either with a voice command, a app opened in the app drawer, maybe from a floating icon or list screen.

Once you know how you want it opened then the easy bit is the actual 4 screen.

I have a multiple autowear project to control my Xbox one + sky.

First thing is i have a invisible floating icon in the 2 o clock position that if i swipe down it brings up a list of autowear tasks, my alarmpad task and Xbox task at the moment.

When i click the Xbox one it produces a Xbox icon which is a floating icon. With this i can tap swipe etc to mute pause play volume up and down. Bonus to this is that's it is always there until i shake to get rid.

Next If i long click it opens up a 4 screen With Xbox controls, games list and channel list. Each creating there own 4 screen and lists.

What i found when creating this is you need to know how you want it all to look and work before starting as i spent allot of time creating 4 different versions.

My Xbox video is in the example videos on here somewhere and more than happy to help Once you know how you want it to work and once you have created the tasks to control your tv.

3. rmadrid20

rmadrid20 New Member

To control the tv I use smart remote and i have 2 task already running in the phone to turn tv and cable box on and off everything its ok there, no I want to create the 4 screens to add this 2 features then turn volume up and down and i don't know one more, but i dont know how to set up the screen to control the (let say volume up) how assign that task to the tile VOL+

4. pbilton85

pbilton85 Member

You need to create 2 separate tasks first for the volume control as all autowear does is link buttons to existing tasks.

In tasker create a New profile With event>plugin>autowear>event to react to>app opened tv show.

This Will open up the 4 screen when ever you open up autowear app called tv show. To make this show you need to open up autowear settings on the watch, scroll down to launcher apps and find tv show and make sure the box is checked.

Next you need to create a new task to link it to this profile. Call it wear tv control or something similar.
    In the task click + >plugin>autowear>4screen menu

This is where we put the different commands and the appearance.

In this menu scroll down and you Will see left, right, up, down, centre.

You need to decide where you want your buttons. Say up section could be volume up.
    Click up and in this bit you can add text, icons background colour and commands.
    In the command you could put "tv volume up"
    Go back to tasker.
    Create a New profile called wear volume up.
    Select event>plugin>autowear>command to react to, and In here put the command for volume up, which is the same as you put in the 4 screen. "Tv volume up". Then you need to link your already created task that turns the volume up.

Redo this for turn on/off channel etc.

Just remember that you need to enter the command in Each section of the 4 screen and then react to it in a profile.

Joao dias has a more efficient way by using command prefixes but i haven't got my head around how all that works.

Hope this helps a little bit.