Invalid Key on Eventghost

Discussion in 'EventGhost' started by Wehaveall, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Wehaveall

Wehaveall New Member

Hi,
    Trying to follow the tutorial about turning pc off with join, tasker, autoremote and EventGhost, but nothing happens. Cant configure autoremote plugin. The message is "invalid key". Tried everything.

I send pc_off text from Join but eventghost do not register anything. Two days trying. Please, need help. Installed autoremote plugin on eventghost

2. Wehaveall

Wehaveall New Member

Did everything described here:
    But EventGhost cannot capture the message from join extension in Chrome. Copy and paste the correct URL, only the device, only the key and nothing happens on Evenghost. I get all the notifications on Windows correctly. Installed Autoremote Plugin. What's wrong?

Dhhop84 likes this.
  3. Wehaveall

Wehaveall New Member

Somehow I managed to link join with Eventghost, but nothing happens when I say "PC on" or "PC off". When I say PC off to my home mini It shows on eventghost:

eg.event.payload.armessage: u'pc_off'
    eg.event.payload.arpar: [u'pc_off']
    AutoRemote.Message.pc_off u'pc_off'

If I go to Join Plugin on Chrome, click on Send EventGhost command and write pc_off, the pc will shut down. But When I ask mi google mini or on my phone, nothing happens.

Don't know what to do. Any help, please?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you setup the macro to react to that event correctly?

5. Dhhop84

Dhhop84 New Member

Same thing is happening to me

6. foregrip

foregrip New Member

Hey, how did you manage to link EG and Join? I keep getting 'Invalid Key' when trying it.

Andy J Z likes this.
  7. Srinidhi BS

Srinidhi BS New Member

Open AutoRemote app on your phone. As soon as you open the app, you will be shown a URL. Type the URL in a web browser (Either your computer's or phone's web browser) and press enter. Let the website load. Once the website loads, the URL changes. In the changed URL, look for the word "key". Everything after the word "Key" is your key. Copy that and use that in EventGhost as your device key and try. It works.