Solved Join Brave error

Discussion in 'Join' started by John Doe55, Jun 13, 2020.

1. John Doe55

John Doe55 New Member

Hi
    I just started using Join and have installed it on my Android device which was flawlessly easy. I now wanted to use Join on my Desktop browser Brave. So I installed the extension and logged in with google, but when I go look at Join's settings in the browser it names this device (Desktop Brave browser) as unlisted. It also doesn't appear on my Android phone in Join's list. I can send text to my phone's clipboard but that's about it. No taking screenshots from the phone to the Desktop or vice a versa.
    Any way of fixing this issue?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there! Enabling the toggle "Use Google Services for Push Messaging" in Brave Browser should make it work. Hope this helps!

3. MaddMartigan

MaddMartigan New Member

I forgot to switch the Brave setting to use "Google Services for Push Messaging" until after I had installed the Join extension.
    But once I switched to use Google Services I was still getting a pop-up error when I tried to run diagnostics, and was not receiving SMS.

I ended up removing the extension, restarting Brave, and then re-installing which solved the issue. In case anyone else is still pulling errors after turning Google Services on, you might want to just re-install the extension.

Fixed my issues at least.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Cool, glad to know, thanks!