Can't Fix Marking text messages as read on phone from Chrome app

Discussion in 'Join' started by Ludasmith, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Ludasmith

Ludasmith New Member

I'm doing something wrong trying to get my text messages to show as read on my phone from the Chrome plugin. I found a thread that said it has something to do with the notifications being setup but I'm not getting the dual notifications on the phone so I'm assuming that is where the problem is.

Is there a walk-through or something on getting this setup to work?

Also, just to note, searching for help via Google to see if anyone else across the internet is having issues is pretty much impossible due to the name "Join" being so common.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Unfortunately marking as read is not possible since Join is not the default SMS app on your device and only default SMS apps can modify the SMS database on your phone.

Sorry!

3. Ludasmith

Ludasmith New Member

Okay, thank you.

4. shoppedude

shoppedude New Member

Is this a recent change? Messages used to flag as "read" once I opened them using the Chrome extension, but that no longer seems to be the case.

5. joaomgcd

If that was the case then your SMS app specifically did that when you dismissed the SMS notification. Join attempts to do that when you read the SMS from Chrome. But depending on the SMS app the message itself can be marked as read or not. Hope this clarifies it

6. shoppedude

shoppedude New Member

Yes, it does. I use Textra, and until a recent app update it would automatically clear the unread flag once the notification was dismissed. However, the latest update added "Rich Notification Buttons" to the notification, which means clearing it no longer clears the unread flag by default. There is an option to "Mark as Read" in Textra but it does not seem to be working as described.

7. joaomgcd

Ok, that explains it. :) Thanks