Solved NodeRed To SmartPhone Questions

Discussion in 'Join' started by Soloam, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Soloam

Soloam New Member

Hello, I've been playing around with noered and tasker/join, I would like to control my lights with some actions in tasker, and i was using join to make the connection to nodered. At some point I need to repot back states from nodered to tasker, and I'm using join to send the information back, the message is arriving and triggering the profile in tasker, the problem is that I can't make it so that if the profile is triggered that I don't receive a sound notification from join and I also don't what the message from join to show. Is this possible?

thank you

2. Soloam

Soloam New Member

I tried to use AutoNotifications to block the income, based on title, it works at 90%, because I an still get a very small vibration from my device, not the full notification vibration, but a very small part, I think that is the delay from receiving the notification and the blocking from AutoNotification.

3. Soloam

Soloam New Member

Another question, from what it looks like, the communication from my phone to my nodered server is not encrypted, should it not use https? I can check all traffic with WireShark, is this a limitation (big/serious limitation) or I'm doing something wrong?

thank you

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You don't need to block :) Simply don't set a title in the push and a notification will not be created.

If you want to use HTTPS you can try using chrome redirection (with the Join Chrome extension). That will send pushes through GCM with HTTPS. It even has the advantage that it'll work on all networks without any port forwarding :)

5. Soloam

Soloam New Member

Hello João, I stooped this for a while, but now back to this! I can't use the chrome extension, I use nodered in a headless system! Is there a way to use Join to Nodered from port 443 in ssl? Also, is there a way to use the encryption with NodeRed? How can I decrypt the messages?

Thank You

6. joaomgcd

Unfortunately encryption is not suppported yet, sorry!

7. Snowman4

Snowman4 New Member

I'm running nodeRed headless on my raspberry pi. In a docker container.
    I want to to send commands from outside my wan.

1) opening port 1820.. Is this safe? Are the messages encrypted when I'm on a open non secure wifi connection?
    2) Always leave my laptop on..but i dont want this, is it possible to redirect the nodered messages from a android device instead of the chrome addon?

-Raspbian Buster Lite
    -NodeRed docker container (port 1820 passtrough)
    -Chrome adddon settings on my windows 10 laptop: https://i.imgur.com/3HXG6gW.png
    -NodeRed server node config: https://i.imgur.com/UkT8XNU.png

Whats works:
    Sending command to nodered from my phone (LAN)
    Sending command to Windows10 laptop from my phone (WAN) this pushes the message to NodeRed..working!

What not works:
    Sending command to nodered from my windows 10 laptop (lan)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  8. joaomgcd

What you could do is a have a phone at home that receives messages via FCM (which works from any network) and then in Tasker send those messages to Node-RED via the local network... Does that work for you?

Snowman4 likes this.
  9. Snowman4

Snowman4 New Member

Forgot this way! It works. Message from phone (WAN) to my Tablet (Wan) and the tablet launches a tasker task to nodered :)

10. joaomgcd