AutoNotification Replace third-party notificatios with your own 1.1

Learn how to totally customize specific 3rd party notifications: custom sounds, vibration, etc.

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Replace third-party notificatios with your own - Learn how to totally customize specific 3rd party notifications: custom sounds, vibration, etc.

Read more about this project...

2. joaomgcd

3. sretlow

sretlow New Member

Great task. But unfortunately this also triggers the task if the person replies in the group app. I would like this task ponly for one on one chats and not group chats

4. joaomgcd

Can you maybe differentiate those by the title? Maybe group chats have a different title?

5. sretlow

sretlow New Member

No, unfortunately there is no difference in title or even text can't be used. There is some difference in some orther ID's but they are not implemented in autonotifications

6. joaomgcd

Which Ids are those?

7. sretlow

sretlow New Member

In a groupmessage de ID %anpeople is "-" and in a personal message %anpeople is "[Ljava.lang.String;@e1e2a7e"
    And in a groupmessage the ID %anbutton1text is nameofgroup and in the personal message it is the name of the person.

8. sretlow

sretlow New Member

And: how is it possible to open the touch the notification so that it opens the whatsapp message in whatsapp app.

9. joaomgcd

10. sretlow

sretlow New Member

No I have nothing special to get it. I do use WhatsApp Beta.

Is it possible to do a filter on a other ID than Title and Text? For example %anpeople or %anbutton1text?

11. sretlow

sretlow New Member

No I have nothing special to get it. I do use WhatsApp Beta.

Is it possible to do a filter on a other ID than Title and Text? For example %anpeople or %anbutton1text?

It should be possible to make a difference between a group message and a personal message? Possibilties of Tasker and Autonotification are that huge. ;-)

12. joaomgcd

Where did you get the beta? :) Maybe that's the difference here. If I can get the %anpeople variable work for me I can probably get this working properly.

13. sretlow

sretlow New Member

Beta is by the regular beta program, Is in the Play Store I believe. But maybe it is a better idea to use button1text as variable. Because otherwise it would only work with a beta whatsapp. Something most users don't have. In a groupmessage the ID %anbutton1text is nameofgroup and in the personal message it is the name of the person. Best would be that the user could use all the variables genererated by the notification. As shown by the Task "AN Get All AutoNotification Vars".

14. sretlow

sretlow New Member

I figured something out. The ID contains always the name of the sender. But when a personal message is send the ID is "Firstname Lastname". And when a personal message is send after a group message the ID contains "WhatsApp,Firstname Lastname". In all other cases the ID starts with the group name. So I thought I use Regex to recognise the first two options "Firstname Lastname" or "WhatsApp,Firstname Lastname".

I've tried to do this but I can't get this working. My regex was (\W|^)(WhatsApp,)?Firstname\sLastname. Unfortunately this doesn't work
    The regex "(\W|^)Firstname\sLastname" works. It recognises the personale message and disregards the group message. But when a personal message receives after a group message the ID is "WhatsApp,Firstname Lastname" and this is not recognised. Thats why I use (WhatsApp,)? in the regex. Maybe the comma is the problem?
    Tips?

15. joaomgcd

You don't need a regex actually :) Just check if it contains WhatsApp and that should do it!

16. sretlow

sretlow New Member

No unfortunately not ;-( Because when some else sends a group message "WhatsApp" is also in the ID. And when I am only getting a personal message the ID doesn't contain WhatsApp but only the name.

17. sretlow

sretlow New Member

I found the solution:
    ^(WhatsApp,)?FirstName\sLastname
    This matches WhatsApp,FirstName Lastname and FirstName Lastname. But only when first in ID.

18. joaomgcd

Oh great :D Glad you got it!

19. lostmedic

lostmedic New Member

Ok, I tried the project, and it is annoying everyone. how do I reverse this project?

20. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

Annoying to your contact? What behavior is causing the annoyance? I am curious to know because I am interested in this project but want it to work the same way as the native whatsapp notification and reply feature.