AutoVoice Skill for Alexa in Brazil

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Fernando Boccato, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Fernando Boccato

Fernando Boccato New Member

Hi João.
    We finally have Alexa officially in Brazil.
    I was very excited to use my new amazon gadgets (Echo Dot and Echo Show) with AutoVoice.
    Unfortunately AutoVoice skills aren't available for us here, and I couldn't install It from the US portal.
    Is there anything that can be done about that?

ps. Sorry for my rusty English. I tought that It wouldn't be nice to write in portuguese, as most fellows from the forum wouldn't understaind.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you :)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it available in Portuguese yet, but I'll try to as soon as I can!

3. Ailton Araujo

Ailton Araujo New Member

Hi Fernando, we are in the same boat brother! I bought 2 Echo Dots as replacement for my Google Home Mini, but I can't find Autovoice skill in Alexa's app. Waiting for João to release a compatible version with Brazilian Portuguese.

However I found a workaround for Autovoice SmartHome work in portuguese. Now I can control my TV just saying: "Alexa, ligar a tv da sala" and "Alexa, ligar o home theater". Follow these steps:
    - In a computer browser, go to https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards (do not use .br suffix)
    - After loggin in, go to skills and search for Autovoice. Both Autovoice skills (in english) will be available to be enabled to your devices, but only SmartHome will work in portuguese.
    - In autovoice, you'll be able to create a virtual device and control your devices with Tasker.

Do not try find this skill by alexa.amazon.com.br or amazon.com.br. It won't be available or a message like "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions." will be displayed

Ailton

4. pedrowvalle

pedrowvalle New Member

I wasn't able to find the skill in the br store. It always redirects me to alexa.amazon.com.br, and the skill isn't avaliable. Any workaround?

5. Pedro Lupatin

Pedro Lupatin New Member

Hello, any updates?

Tried to download the skill using Ailton's tip, but it directly sent me to BR domain. Is there a way to make it work?
    Has anyone tried a VPN or something to get it in Portuguese?

6. virtual

virtual New Member

I was trying what you suggested to install the skill in Italian (even by speaking in English) but even though I can access the site (with a VPN) and view the 2 AutoVoice results, when you actually tap on the skill to try to install it, the website redirects to the Italian version (requiring a new login) and then you're screwed. Probably the same that happens with Portuguese / Brazilian above.

Now in Italy (but I think also in other countries) you can't use Alexa (because there's no Skill), you can't use Google Home (because there's no AutoVoice action available), you can't use AutoVoice with the Assistant (because Google retired the action which is now only available in English)... so AutoVoice is unfortunately pretty much useless, unless you set up as your default assistant on the phone (but losing handsfree voice activation). Very sad!