AutoTools [SOLVED] Disable Google Assistant with Secure Settings times out sometimes

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by virtual, Sep 25, 2019.

1. virtual

virtual New Member

Hi, I'm using this small task to disable the Google Assistant during work hours to avoid "OK Google" detection.

GoogleAssistant_OFF (84)
    A1: AutoTools Secure Settings [ Configuration:Assistant: none Timeout (Seconds):230 Continue Task After Error:On ]
    A2: Notify [ Title:Tasker Assistant Text:Google Assistant disabled. %err %errmsg Icon:mw_action_assignment Number:0 Permanent:Off Priority:3 Repeat Alert:Off LED Colour:Red LED Rate:0 Sound File: Vibration Pattern: Category: ] If [ %err > 0 ]

When running the task manually it always works, but when using a time profile (such as 8:00 - 8:00) sometimes it works and sometimes it gives error 2 (timeout), probably because the screen is off or locked?

Is there anything I can do to avoid the timeout error? I'm on a Samsung Note 9 with Android 8.1 (I don't want to upgrade to Pie yet) and Tasker has all the permissions.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

virtual likes this.
  3. virtual

virtual New Member

After some days of testing I can definitely say that the problem was AutoTools not added to the battery optimizations exceptions. I added Tasker, but not AutoTools.

Thank you very much for the suggestion!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Great! :)