Open Win-Android SMS Sync Issues in Join

Discussion in 'Join' started by KazuyaDarklight, Apr 5, 2019.

1. KazuyaDarklight

KazuyaDarklight New Member

So I have android and the windows app. I can send SMS messages to a conversation I'm currently having with some friends fine. But when I close and reopen, all of the messages for the last couple days are missing in Join. Everything is fine in my messenger app, but in Join the messages are missing.

The Join apps logs acknowledge all the messages happening. I see some instances of the following errors.

Code (Text):
    Couldn't notify other devices of MMS: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Read error: ssl=0x7f6a5ca880: I/O error during system call, Connection reset by peer
    And

Code (Text):
    Couldn't export new SMS and MMS from Job: java.lang.Exception: No new MMS or SMS
    I'm not positive but I think this all started after I dismissed the notification that Join keeps open by default, but to my knowledge, I followed the directions in order to give Join the permissions necessary so that the notice isn't needed anymore. And the notice went away of its own accord, I didn't force the issue.

2. KazuyaDarklight

KazuyaDarklight New Member

Noticed the following today, these screenshots are taken from the Chrome plugin but I confirmed identical behavior in the Windows app. As you can see here, in the preview/list entry for the conversation, it shows the contents of the last message, that was from me. However, when I actually open the conversation, that message is nowhere to be found.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hhmm, what happens if in the Join Android app you toggle the SMS service in the settings?

: SMS, Windows, Android