Accessibility services getting disabled everytime

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by roooii, May 11, 2016.

1. roooii

roooii New Member

Hello,

I just bought some of your apps such as AutoInput, AutoRemote and Tasker itself. On my phone these apps work great, but on my Android TV Box (Tronsmart S95 Telos Android 5.1.1 Stock Rom) it keeps disabling the accessibility services each time I try to do something.

For example when I try to record with AutoInput it moves the app to the background and tries to open up a notification to start recording. But that notification is only visibile for 1 seconds and then it disappears. When I go back to AutoInput it shows me that the accessibility service is no longer enabled. This sucks because I cannot record anything with AutoInput this way.

This happens also with other apps that require accessibility services.

I have tried many apps such as a memory locker to prevent my app from closing. But unfortunately that didn't work. It still closes the app/notification.

Help is very much appreciated as I am out of options to try.

Greetings,
    Roy

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

The recording feature shouldn't need the accessibility service to be running.
    But in any case, did you try enabling the "Foreground" option inside AutoInput?

3. roooii

roooii New Member

Thanks for your help Joaomgcd. Apparently there is something in the stock rom of Tronsmart that causes the accessibility to stop. They told me they would have to tweak the rom so that these apps are allowed... Kinda sucks that I have to wait for a new version of the rom now. Or do you happen to know how I can tweak the rom myself? :p

4. joaomgcd

That I have no idea how to do :D Sorry!

5. JR Jones

JR Jones New Member

Sorry for bringing up a really old thread. I had this problem too. I think it's more of an Android bug when you have more than one accessibility service enabled at a time, I've had this happen on my N6 and N6p. Are you rooted? I've been using Secure Settings for a while to enable all of my accessibility services on boot. You could give that a try.

6. joaomgcd

JR Jones likes this.
  7. JR Jones

JR Jones New Member

I just started using AutoTools for it yesterday. I love how you can have just one task to set them all instead of a different one for every service like Secure Settings requires. Outstanding work

Adlx likes this.
  8. joaomgcd

Thank you very much! :)

JR Jones likes this.
  9. zhedielj

zhedielj New Member

10. joaomgcd