Open Auto reply on incoming WhatsApp messages with Touchless Chat tasker plugin

Discussion in 'Touchless Chat' started by Ozen, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ozen

Ozen New Member

Hi, this is really great app, thanks for developing it. :)

I like to use tasker Touchless Chat plugin when I receive WhatsApp messages, we are not allowed to touch our phone when we drive in the Netherlands so I was thinking to create a profile in tasker, when the phone is connected to car Bluetooth I want tasker reply to any incoming Whatsapp message with a preset text message like “I am driving right now, I will reply soon as possible”

I have tried couple profiles and tasks but, it stops at certain point with the Touchless Chat plugin, I think I am using wrong variables.

Is there any tutorial for this?
    I am using unrooted Samsung Note 4.

2. Ozen

Ozen New Member

Okay I couldn’t let it go, so I was trying more tasks, there was an existing task for me to read the WhatsApp messages when I was connected to my car’s Bluetooth, I was using Notification Listener plugin in tasker for this.

So I combined the Notification Listener and Touchless Chat plugin in same task and it worked on 2 attempts, after that Touchless Chat app start to take things over, and it was overruling the Tasker.

First 2 times it worked perfectly as I wanted:
    Received a WhatsApp message -> Tasker read out the sender and the message itself -> than Touchless Chat Plugin replied to the sender with a pre-set message from tasker.

But I don’t know what happened after those tests suddenly Touchless Chat app itself took over and didn’t tasker allow to do its tasks.

When I went to Touchless Chat settings I couldn't do anything, I keep getting toasts about how to use and I can’t even use the “turn off adverts” option. Each option I chose from the left side I get same toast messages, I like to pay to turn off the adverts but nothing helps and I can’t change the settings, unfortunately I had to remove Touchless Chat since it ask me if I want to see the message on each message I get, that was getting annoying.

I hope it was my own fault, I like to use my tasks with Touchless Chat plugin but I don’t want the app itself take things over.

This was the profile and tasks I created, don’t mind the WIFI connection check that was just to test things out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the screenshot I turned the profiles off for testing purposes but even if I turn it on I have same issues, it was an existing task, I just added the second line, which worked for 2 times.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi, sorry for the trouble. Did you complete the touchless chat tutorial? After you do you can access the rest of the menus :) Sorry for the confusion.

Also, you can also use Tasker conditions for touchless chat, no need for another plugin :)

Hope this helps

4. Thahim

Thahim Member

What's notification key