AutoApps on Devices without Google Play Store

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Jonatan, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

I think the title says already most of it.
    Basically I'm going to get a Fire TV Stick in a few days and because it runs Android I was thinking about installing Tasker and some of the AA Plugins. The problem now being that the Stick only has access to the Amazon App Store where the AutoApps are not available (as far as I know).
    The second option to install an app is via 'ADB over Network' but I don't know if I can install things like AutoRemote (which is the main plugin I would want on the Stick) by downloading the Google Play apk and then installing it on the Fire TV Stick.
    So would the 'ADB' method work or is there any other way for me to get Tasker and some AutoApps on the Fire TV Stick? :)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately you won't be able to do that. Sorry! AutoRemote in particular won't work without Google Play Services. Other apps will remain lite versions without Google Play Store. Sorry!

3. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

Well that was exactly the answer I had expected (but of course not hoped for). No cool Tasker shenanigans on my Fire TV Stick then :/

4. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Uhhhhh, Fire Stick does not have Android. Hence why it has the proprietary Amazon store. This is why you can't get Tasker on it. Sorry to burst your bubble dude. =(

: Tasker, AutoApps