AutoTools: Web Screen Request: Product Page

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by bmello777, Feb 1, 2019.

1. bmello777

bmello777 Member

Apologies if this has been covered already, but I'd like to create something that looks like a product page (a la Amazon) to use for keeping track of inventory w/ my NFC tags at work.

The Web Screen option in AutoTools seems like it'd be the perfect option for this, tho I'm not that familiar w/ creating my own Web Screens at the moment. Hopefully that'll change soon.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please show me an example of what you'd like to see? :) What fields would the screen have? Seems totally doable with Web Screens!

3. bmello777

bmello777 Member

João,
    thanks for the reply. I work in a warehouse for a Tile Distributor and I'd like to keep track of inventory w/ NFC tags.

The idea is that each NFC tag will launch a specific AutoTools Web Screen and pull infos from a Google Sheets database that I use to keep inventory.
    The "Adj. Stock" button/option will allow me to enter a number of Square Foot (by type or voice) to pull from item displayed. This amnt (most likely in Square Feet) will be stored in a variable. Using Tasker and Spreadsheet Tasker Plugin, I can:
    • Compare Square Feet to Google Sheets Spreadsheet to calculate how many boxes and pieces I need to pull then store correct variable for amnt physically pulled from stock.
    • Then, update spreadsheet w/ stored variable to continue keeping LIVE inventory.

Manufacturer: Landmark Ceramics (MFR Icon or logo)
    Product Code: 12-000 - this is the warehouse's internal numbering system
    Product Name: Attitude Calm Brown
    Item #: or material #
    Product Image: image of the product
    Type: porcelain
    Short Description: Contains many static items. Would be nice if this could be in "list" format. Could also offer an AutoTools (radio list) Web Screen option as well.
    • Pieces per box/unit
    • Square Feet per box/unit
    • Location: BIN# in warehouse. This helps us locate the item in the warehouse, but could also be used to indicate where an item can be picked up. Like run an AutoTools Web Screen map cmd.
    Retail: Price ($2.50) per sq ft
    Inventory: This lets me know how much is currently in stock via Google Sheets var.
    Sizes: sizes available in my case, but buttons or views/pictures can also be useful.. similar to an item in Amazon. For me, each picture would open another Web Screen for another product in the same line. (i.e. Attitude Calm Brown 12x12, 13x13, ect)
    In Stock/Order: This indicates whether the item is physically in the warehouse (more on this later) or needs to be ordered
    Long Description: Honestly, I don't see much use for this for what I'm trying to do, but I could see how it could be useful for someone else.
    Add to Cart: This could also be the action to the "In Stock" button IF in Stock. For me, I'd like to use it to pull from stock.

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

Yep, seems totally doable! :) Are you able to pull that off yourself in html? Unfortunately I'm very short on time myself...

5. bmello777

bmello777 Member

I think so.
    I've found a few tutorials on the web here and here.
    Ok to post updates here? Or should I start a new thread?

6. joaomgcd

Nice! :) Hope you get it! You can post any updates here! Maybe, if it's generic enough, you can even submit it so everyone can use it in the future! Thanks!