AutoWear Autowear Commands not recognized by Tasker

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Arasyssss, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Arasyssss

Arasyssss New Member

Hey guys,

I am a big fan of AutoWear, but since I have my new phone (Fxtec Pro1) itˋs not working properly.

>> what I want to do:
    I want so send commands from wear to phone to trigger tasks, using the autowear plugin. Example: When command "L1" received, turn on Light A (see picture). This worked very well with my old phone (LG G6)...

>> problem:
    I can see, that the command arrives the phone (I can see the small popup, check picture), but nothing happens (I can run the log and even there I see that nothing is triggered, see picture). Now itˋs getting weird: Every 8th - 15th time it works! Means: Tasker receives the command and does what he has to do. After that, again, >8th trys are not successful...

>> what Iˋve tried already:
    - Phone restart
    - autowear reinstall (on phone and watch)
    - Tasker reinstall
    - Tasker and autowear have every permission they can get without root
    - Tasker and autowear are free from battery optimization by android

>> what´s my setup:
    - Phone: Fxtec pro1 with Android 9
    - Watch: Fossil gen 5

Can someone help somehow? That would be awesome!

Attached Files:

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Maybe one of the apps is being blocked from running in the background?
    To make sure Tasker and the AutoApps run in the foreground please check here: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/userguide/en/faqs/faq-problem.html#00

Pay special attention to the location part. If Tasker doesn't have permission to get location in the background it might not work correctly, so disable and re-enable the location permission and make sure that you allow Tasker to always access it.

Make sure to check here too: https://dontkillmyapp.com/?app=Tasker

Hope this helps!

3. Arasyssss

Arasyssss New Member

Hey,

thanks a lot for your reply! Let´s check, maybe I forgot something?
    • make sure Tasker is enabled - CHECK
    • enable foreground notification in Tasker settings - CHECK, see screenshot 200030
    • enable the "Use reliable alarms" option - CHECK, See Screenshot 200644
    • If you're on Android 10+ allow Tasker to draw over other apps: Open Tasker - Menu - More - Android Settings - Draw Over Other Apps and enable the permission. - CHECK, see Screenshot 201048 and 201111
    • dontkillmyapp.com. This website will show, for your specific vendor, the best way to allow Tasker to work correctly in the background. - CHECK, see Screenshot 201903
    • Disable battery optimization for the apps - CHECK, see Screenshot 202739 and 203009
    • Make sure the Android Settings -> Apps -> Tasker -> Battery -> Background activity option is enabled (this setting may be somewhere else on different OEMs, but it's a very important setting that might be disabled by default on some devices) - CHECK, See above
    • If you want to use features while the screen is off make sure that the options in Preferences -> Monitor -> Display Off Monitoring are enabled for the conditions you want - Not the Problem, because it is Not working while Screen is on
    • Make sure that you disable any "battery saving" apps like Greenify, etc - don't have
    • If you want to have Wifi and Cell based profiles work on Android 8+ make sure that location is enabled on your device and that Tasker has location permissions even when in the background. It's an Android requirement that Tasker can't work around. - cannot find this Option :-/ ... But ist this really necessary? The Problem does even exist when tasker is running in foreground

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  4. joaomgcd

Thanks for checking! Maybe there's a special extra setting on that phone that you need to further disable to really allow apps to work in the background? Sorry, it's such a nightmare to keep up with all the extra "optimizations" various vendors implement on their systems :(

5. Arasyssss

Arasyssss New Member

I totally understand what you mean... Two steps forward, one step back.

Thanks a lot for your time. I am a very big fan!

For me it´s very important to get this issue solved. My whole smart home depends on Tasker / Autowear. So next step, I will write the vendor to help me out :)

6. joaomgcd

Hope they can help you out!

7. Arasyssss

Arasyssss New Member

This is the answer from the vendor:

We're sorry, this is not app we know of or would be able to provide support for. The Pro1 is running a Qualcomm chip which is used by all Qualcomm flagship, with a default Qualcomm Android firmware. There is no internal difference between the Pro1 and other Android devices running this chip. It's like building a different PC - you'll get the internals by the same companies, and so is the software.

We are convinced there must be a setting into place that isn't setup properly, but unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to investigate that for you as it's not app we're familiar with
    ----

What a pity...

: autowear