Solved Can't send photos in chrome extension without text

Discussion in 'Join' started by TBloop, Sep 15, 2019.

1. TBloop

TBloop New Member

I saw a couple people saying they couldn't send images but not sure if that's related to this issue or not.

Using the chrome extension, if I try to attach an image and send it to a phone number, it doesn't arrive. It shows up in the extension just as if I sent it, AND it even shows up on my phone and shows as sent!

I found a workaround, where if I include any text (not a space though, but even a dot will work) it seems to go through.

I'm using a Samsung S9+ with Android 9, using Safelink wireless (on t-mobile network). Using google messages, but also tried using default samsung messages and didn't work either (same behavior)

Quick second question - even if I delete messages on my phone, it still shows up in extension. Any way to delete them from showing up in extension?

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That's weird behaviour indeed! Thanks for the report!

About your question: for now to delete SMS messages from Join you have to go into the Android app -> Settings -> SMS and Phone Calls -> Disable and re-enable the SMS service. That should get rid of deleted messages. I plan to eventually make this process automatic in the future. Hope this helps!

: images, MMS