AutoVoice Create a Google Calendar entry with Google Home

Learn how to create an entry on your default calendar with natural language

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Create a Google Calendar entry with Google Home - Learn how to create an entry on your default calendar with natural language

Read more about this project...

2. edif30

edif30 New Member

I set this up exactly the way the tutorial explains. Autovoice does not respond with the "what do you want to add to your calendar?" It asks "What is the text?". I made sure to put %. It does work and adds the entry on my calendar, but the response from Autovoice is only what I added to the AV response in the natural language setup of "Calendar entry added". It doesn't repeat what the entry was like what you have in this video example. What am I missing?
    Edit: Figured it out. Added a prompt to the parameter, added the variable to the parameter of $text, and added that variable to the response. Works perfect!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  3. Steve Webb

Steve Webb New Member

I must be missing something. I can't make this work. With Google Home, AutoVoice's response after I ask it add and entry to my calendar is, "Command Sent 'add and entry to my calendar'".

Any ideas? I tried the suggestion from edif30, but to no avail.

4. joaomgcd

@Steve Webb did you enable natural language for Google Home in the Natural Language Commands screen in AutoVoice?

5. Steve Webb

Steve Webb New Member

Yes I did. And just to be sure, I confirmed it just now.

6. joaomgcd

So, just to clarify, you can't get any natural commands to work?

7. Steve Webb

Steve Webb New Member

That's correct. I updated AutoVoice this morning, and still nothing works. Through Google Home, I do get the response, "Command sent. Add an event to my calendar" or "Command sent: Call (Name)", but nothing happens.
    Also, in attempting to add an event, AutoVoice does not ask what the event details are.

8. joaomgcd

Did you set up some commands like shown in this video?

9. Steve Webb

Steve Webb New Member

Yes, I followed all the instructions exactly. At least I think so. I've tried it at least a half dozen times.

10. joaomgcd

So creating the natural language "Say Hello" command doesn't even work for you? Does it work if you use the "Natural Language" home screen widget on your Android device itself?

11. Steve Webb

Steve Webb New Member

I'm a newbie when it comes to this. :) Can you direct me to your tutorial for the "Say Hello" command? I'll try that and then let you know.

12. joaomgcd

I meant the tutorial in the video I sent before :) Does that work with the natural language home screen shortcut?

13. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger New Member

I've set it up exactly, and it seems to complete successfully, but no event is ever added to my calendar. Here's the log output when I try it:
    Code (Text):
    New Last Natural Language Command:
    Name: add an entry on my calendar
    Action: addanentryonmycalendar
    ---Variables---
    text: doctor's appointment next monday at 2 p.m;
    This also shows up in a toast whenever I execute the action.
    Also, 9/10 times, I get a response from my GH saying "I'm sorry, I can't add an entry to you calendar yet...", instead of passing my command to AV. I have to say "Talk to AV", what for the prompt, then say "Add and event to my calendar." Any idea why?

14. bl4scott

bl4scott New Member

I am having the same issue. I followed the instructions and I am missing the piece where autovoice asks me for the information to add to the calendar.

15. joaomgcd

@usn.mustanger that "talk to AV" issue is a known issue and google are actively working on a fix. Check it out here.
    Can you please try this in AutoVoice:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command to add to calendar
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

16. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger New Member

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, I'm dumb. I just rewatched the demo video, and it turns out that saying the command and text all at once like I was doing is what was causing the command to be prepended. If I do it like in the video (issue command-->wait for event text prompt from AV-->speak event text) all is well. So my bad, I'm good to go now! Thanks, @joaomgcd ! Now how do I make it reply like it does in the video where it repeats the event text and the date and time?

Okay, so it's now adding events to my calendar, but it's prepending my natural voice command to the event. For example, if I say "Add an event to my calendar, doctor's appointment next tuesday at 2pm", it adds an appointment titled "add an event to my calendar doctors appointment" at the requested date and time.
    Here are the logs from my last interaction:
    Code (Text):
     version 3.0.10b.bf2

OS Build MMB29M.N910VVRS2CQA1
    OS Code 23
    Device SM-N910V
    Manufacturer samsung
    Product trltevzw

Natural Language - 2017-02-13 14:00:15.126 - Doesn't match because action "addanentrytomycalendar" doesn't match any selected action: sendatexttocontacttext
    AutoApps - 2017-02-13 14:00:15.058 - Got License response from AutoApps. Is licensed: false
    Natural Language - 2017-02-13 14:00:14.922 - New Last Natural Language Command: Name: add an entry to my calendar
    Action: addanentrytomycalendar

---Variables---
    text: add an event to my calendar doctors appointment next tuesday at 2 p.m;
    Licensing - 2017-02-13 14:00:14.911 - Lite from Unlock Key: true
    Licensing - 2017-02-13 14:00:14.893 - com.joaomgcd.autovoice.unlock not present to check license
    Licensing - 2017-02-13 14:00:14.886 - Lite from In-App: true
    Licensing - 2017-02-13 14:00:14.825 - Lite from AutoApps: true
    AutoApps - 2017-02-13 14:00:14.811 - Checking license in AutoApps

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  17. joaomgcd

Sorry, that was me using a different kind of service to insert the calendar event, using this: https://github.com/joaomgcd/VoiceAssistantWebHook
    I really should record a different test video as to not be misleading. To simplify it you could simply make it repeat whatever you used as the calendar entry by changing the response to "Calendar Entry Added: $text"
    That should work :)