Create "fake" app with Tasker

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by SpeedFire, Jan 12, 2016.

1. SpeedFire

SpeedFire New Member

Hi all,

I have a chineese Android head unit in my car. I want to assign Google voice Search command to one of the navigation wheel buttons.

By default this button tries to initiate some chineese voice app, which does not exist on my device (so it does nothing now).

Logcat shows the following intent being sent when pressing this Speech button on my wheel:

01-10 13:40:01.724 1220 1593 I ActivityManager: START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.iflytek.autofly/.SpeechActivity} from pid 1475

I thought that I could create a simple app with this name via Tasker App Factory to receive intent and then launch Google Voice.

I've done this. My app sends this intent: android.speech.action.WEB_SEARCH. Google Voice is initiated when I launch the app by pressing an icon from home screen.

But the described above intent does not initiate launch of my app. I assume this is because it targets particular activity SpeechActivity (such activity obviously not presented in manifest of my tasker created app). How can I change the app so it can receive this intent and execute properly?

Would be happy for any links to similar cases. Not too much info on custom created apps + intents.

2. SpeedFire

SpeedFire New Member

The question is closed. I've just written a native android app with the required activity and intent, and it works!

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member