AutoNotification Create Grouped Notifications on Android 7 and above

Learn how to group notifications together with AutoNotifications

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Create Grouped Notifications on Android 7 and above - Learn how to group notifications together with AutoNotifications

Read more about this project...

2. Tasker Pro

Tasker Pro New Member

Grouping is great!

I think a good note regarding the Group Summary is that it can be created at anytime before or after the notifications you want to be in the group are created.

However the Group Summary should only be created once. So when intercepting notifications from another app in order to re-create them in AutoNotification - an AN Query should be used to determine if the summary exists, and if one doesn't - create it. If it does exist - don't create another one.

(See Joao's note below. The Group Summary can be created as many times as one wishes, as long as it has the same ID, there will be no duplicate summary notifications).

Regarding the Text field in the Group Summary:

Where this can come into play - AutoNotification can query the existence of a Group Summary by querying its text (whether the text is visible or not) :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. alexcapone

alexcapone New Member

Is it possible to group persistent notifications of different apps within the same group?

4. joaomgcd

Actually @Tasker Pro you can create the group notification as many times as you want as long as you give it the same ID :) No need to query current notifications at all.

5. Tasker Pro

Tasker Pro New Member

Even better!!

6. theycallmetony

theycallmetony New Member

Is it possible to group AutoNotification Buttons notifications? Creating more than 3 forces them to stack/collapse.

Much appreciated!

Using Android 8.1.0 on LineageOS (PH-1 device).

Attached Files:

7. joaomgcd

Unfortunately not right now, sorry!

8. terry henderson

terry henderson New Member

Would this process work for grouping YouTube notifications throughout the day? Is there anything I should change or add? Thanks for all the hard work. You are very talented.

9. joaomgcd

This works for grouping AutoNotification notifications, not other app's notifications, sorry!

terry henderson likes this.
  10. terry henderson

I intercept YouTube notifications and recreate them in autonotification. When I do the summary, with the above example where there are 2 autonotification actions before the grouping summary, I get duplicate notifications for each notification created. Where am I going wrong? Should I just one create notification action? Here is my task. I figured out this issue. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  11. terry henderson

I got the YouTube group to work. I intercept populate fields, cancel the original, create the autonotification, group them together. It works great, but I also have the notifications seperate, outside the group. Can someone point me in the right direction? Should I then cancel the autonotification one that was created after they group?

12. aste

aste New Member

@terry henderson, I have the exact same issue with duplicate notifications. Did you get it resolved?

13. terry henderson

No I never figured it out. Still have it, turned it off for now. Got busy with work stuff.