AutoCast HELP: Cast Phone To Tablet

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Evil Genius, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

I have a Galaxy S7.

I also have an Android head unit. The original plan was to put Tasker on it and have it do all kinds of great things but it has Android 4.4.4 and we all know that is a dinosaur. The head unit is constantly crashing.

Having said that, I need a way to view my Galaxy on the head unit in my car (preferably wirelessly)

Do any of you all have any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

As far as I know there's no way of making an Android device a cast receiver :( Sorry!

3. MikeW

MikeW Member

You can do it with a pair of apps available on the Play Store; both made by AWIND.

On the phone, you need to put MIrrorOp Sender, and on the head unit, you need to put MirrorOp Receiver. Both of them claim to work with Android 2.2 and up.

You'll also need to have both units connected to the same WiFi network. For my tests, I used a HooToo TripMate Titan to create an ad hoc network; internet access is not needed.

My tests showed that screen mirroring worked fine, but the display is somewhat laggy. Not terrible, but I wouldn't want to use it for real-time data (Torque, for example).