Tasker How to perform a check only on Screen ON state?

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by androidant, Nov 5, 2018.

1. androidant

androidant New Member

I have a tasker task that turns my Wifi ON whenever I reach home and OFF when I leave it. In order to save power of the tasker checks for location I use Cell Near instead of GPS etc.

That works fine. But I thought it may cut down on power more if I somehow could only perform the check when the screen was on. i,e, This way tasker does not have to keep doing the Cell check all the time only do it when the screen is turned on.

I have the Display ON State I can add. But this does not work exactly as I wanted. This means each time the display turns off tasker turns the wifi off too and then again turns it on when display is ON. This is NOT the desired behavior.

Basically I only want tasker to do the Cell Near checks when display has turned on and then decide whether it is in the "Home" state or "Away from Home" state. i.e. The trasition-of-state checks based on GSM signal should ONLY happen when the screen is on.

Any ideas how I can implement this as a tasker recipie?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Cell Near uses so little battery that I don't think you should be worried about that :) In any case, as a general use case, you could do something like
    • Profile with Cell Near and Screen On conditions would turn wifi on
    • Profile Cell Near inverted and Screen On would turn wifi off
    • Disable Restore Settings in both profiles
    Would that work? :)

HiistLearne likes this.
  3. androidant

androidant New Member

@joaomgcd

Thanks very much! I think that is exactly what I need! :)

You are right that Cell Near uses so little battery as it is. But what I was wondering was use cases like:

Normally GPS is more accurate but power hungry as explained in your "Location without Tears" tutorial. What if I combined GPS with this check-only-when-screen-on trick?

Thoughts?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, you can probably use this technique with GPS as well! :)

5. HiistLearne

HiistLearne New Member

[QUOTE = "joaomgcd, post: 53379, member: 1"] Cell Near sử dụng rất ít pin mà tôi không nghĩ bạn nên lo lắng về điều đó :)Trong mọi trường hợp, như một trường hợp sử dụng chung, bạn có thể làm một cái gì đó như
    • Cấu hình với Cell GầnMàn hình Bật các điều kiện sẽ bật wifi
    • Profile Cell Gần invertedScreen On sẽ tắt wifi
    • Tắt cài đặt khôi phục trong cả hai cấu hình
    Liệu điều đó có hiệu quả? :)[/TRÍCH DẪN]
    Hiệu quả, mình đã làm và ok nè