AutoNotification Issues with LED from AutoNotification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TomTcom, Mar 27, 2015.

1. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Hello, I think I know my answer but I would like to see what others say. I understand LED hardware is different for many phones. For example, my Galaxy Note 4 doesn't allow LED on while the screen is on. Even though a Samsung S3 allowed this. So I understand limitations in colors and other configurations.

When I set up my AN alert to use LED, I found a color that worked. However when I get the alert the LED does not come on if the screen was already off.

If for example I turn the screen on, then let it fade off I will see my LED just as I set it.

Is there anything that can be looked at from the AN perspective or is the problem the fault of the LED hardware used by Samsung on this phone?

2. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I think it's the hardware so nevermind on this. What I did was use Secure Settings to just do a "screen and keyboard lights on 1 second". Since the pin guard for me is active it turns the screen off after the usual 5 seconds anyways and then the LED is visible.

As with Tasker and AutoApps, there is always more than one way to skin a cat. :)

: led