Log phonecall data from phone logbook(in/out/missed) in google calendar

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Trek, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Trek

Trek New Member

Does anyone know how to log received and made phone calls after the event has taken place.

With after i mean when the call is finished so that the correct times (start and finish) are displayed in the calendar entry.

I got it working but i want it to show in calendar that the phone call started at 13:00 and stopped at 13:17 (as an example)

I think Tasker is limited and cannot show exact start and end times and i hope one of the APPS form "Joaoapps" can do this (i bought most of them)
    There is an app that can do this called "call track)"but i want this in Tasker and not done from another app that i cannot tweak.

i hope somebody knows

Regards Trek

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Just to be clear, do you want to show the dates on calendar through Tasker, or insert calendar events through Tasker?

3. Trek

Trek New Member

Hi,
    I want tasker to log the the phone call details after the call has been made.
    so if today is 15-Nov and i received or made a phone call at 11:07 and stopped the same call at 11:15

i want a log in Calendar to show on 15 november:

LINE 1: Incoming Call from XXXnameXXX - XXXTel NumberXXX
    LINE 2: Call started at 11:07 and call ended at 11:15

but the line 2 seems to be difficult to make

Also when a phone call is done by myself to someone tasker needs to wait until the call is done
    this is what the manual says about the variable used (see red)
    • Call Name / Number/ Date / Time / Duration (Out)(dynamic, monitored)
      %CONAME / %CONUM / %CODATE / %COTIME / %CODUR
      The called name, number, date and time of the last (not the current) outgoing call made.
      Called Name is set to the called number if the contact couldn't be looked up. It's unavailable on Android versions prior to 2.0.
    I do not understand how to tell tasker to wait until the call is finished and then get the data from my phonebookto make an entry in Calendar.

I have an Edge S7
    also note that i'm a beginner at tasker.
    and i'm in the learning process w.r.t. tasker
    just to give you a heads up :)

Regards
    Trek

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. Trek

Trek New Member

No, it does not work but i found a solution on the internet yesterday evening and this works, i have it now running on Tasker.
    i thought that it would be a simple thing to create but it was not.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tasker/XyWyRSPKGT8
    with thanks to the original creator Bart Bernardes

: Tasker, calendar