AutoVera Part 2 of Notification for Door Lock

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TomTcom, Apr 12, 2015.

1. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Hello Joao and everyone,

I managed to succeed in getting my combined AutoNotification to display the time correctly for locking and unlocking my zwave door lock. For example if I unlocked at 5:00 and locked it at 5:25. This is now working for me. This is a new attempt at the prior post I wrote.

My problem is on my first unlock action, the variables read 0 and 1. When I lock the door again my variable search and replace works.

Why doesn't the variable search and replace work on the first time I unlock the door? It only works correctly after I lock the door again.

Profile: Front Door Lock (31)
    Event: AutoVera Status Update [ Configuration:Vera: My Home
    Device: Front Door Lock
    Service: Door Lock
    Variable: Status ]
    Enter: Front Door Notification (32)
    A1: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%avoldstatus Search:0 Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:Un-Locked ]
    A2: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%avnewstatus Search:1 Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:Locked ]
    A3: AutoNotification [ Configuration:Title: Front Door Lock Status
    Text: %avnewstatus at %TIME
    Icon: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.crystalhd/folder_home
    Status Bar Icon: ic_action_lock_open
    Id: FrontDoor
    SubText: %avoldstatus at %Newtime Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A4: Variable Set [ Name:%Newtime To:%TIME Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

Nevermind, looks like I was able to fix it by adding some extra variable search and replaces. I'm solved! Here's the final product:

Profile: Front Door Lock (31)
    Event: AutoVera Status Update [ Configuration:Vera: My Home
    Device: Front Door Lock
    Service: Door Lock
    Variable: Status ]
    Enter: Front Door Notification (32)
    A1: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%avoldstatus Search:0 Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:Un-Locked ]
    A2: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%avoldstatus Search:1 Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:Locked ]
    A3: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%avnewstatus Search:1 Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:Locked ]
    A4: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%avnewstatus Search:0 Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:Un-Locked ]
    A5: AutoNotification [ Configuration:Title: Front Door Lock Status
    Text: %avnewstatus at %TIME
    Icon: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.ipack.crystalhd/folder_home
    Status Bar Icon: ic_action_lock_open
    Id: FrontDoor
    SubText: %avoldstatus at %Newtime Package:com.joaomgcd.autonotification Name:AutoNotification Timeout (Seconds):0 ]
    A6: Variable Set [ Name:%Newtime To:%TIME Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

3. masud ali

masud ali New Member

I have recently added 3 schlage be469 zwave locks to my home. They installed and were recognized by my local Locksmith very easily. (Very Happy) :D What I want to know is if there is a way so sync the user codes between the locks? I would prefer to not have to change the code on all of them if I need to change mine or one of my family members codes. Can anyone suggest anything?

4. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I would contact the manufacture on that questions. Seems like a zwave/software question specific to those brands and models. My guess is probably not but you might be able to.

5. timcooper

timcooper New Member

I vote for the Schlage Connect.. I have had one installed for about 14 months ago by a local Plainfield Locksmith and the original battery is still over 70%. It integrated flawlessly with Vera UI7 and I am able to manage multiple access codes through vera, as well as even trigger scenes if the lock is opened/closed manually.. (when I had it connected to another zwave hub, it couldn't be queried for status)..I have zero complaints and would definitely buy one again.