Open Questions regarding SMS feature

Discussion in 'Join' started by RandomScrub, Jan 22, 2016.

1. RandomScrub

RandomScrub New Member

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. The messages on the chrome extension don't update quickly and they lose the messages when I respond from the other device. Another issue I'm having is that the messages are duplicating on the chrome extension. Is there a way to remove the duplicate and or remove all the messages and start from scratch? Also is there a way to respond directly from the small popup window when you click reply? Every time I click reply it just says "action performed remotely".

Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

Can you please try to go into the app on Android->Settings->Services->Disable Sms->Enable SMS then refresh the SMS page after it's done?
    See if that fixes your issues.

Thanks in advance.

3. RandomScrub

RandomScrub New Member

That resolved my issue with not seeing both my messages and the other parties. But I still have duplicate messages. When I click SMS on the chrome extension I'll see two of the exact same conversation.

Thanks for your help.

4. joaomgcd

So you're saying that the "overview" view of your SMS conversations shows 2 of each conversation? thanks again

5. RandomScrub

RandomScrub New Member

I've attached a picture of what my SMS page looks like. The blue boxes shows two conversations that are identical. Same time stamp and everything. I had deleted a few of the other conversations I had but I had roughly 3 identical conversations leading to 6 entries in the SMS page.

6. joaomgcd

Hmm, haven't encountered that issue before. Is everything else working for you? Have you tried it?

7. RandomScrub

RandomScrub New Member

Yes, everything else sends and seems to be in working order. Just getting duplicate SMS messages in the chrome extension. I've tried uninstalling the extension and app. Clearing out the cache/cookies and removing permissions. Then re-installing both and I still get the issue.

8. joaomgcd

Can you please try this. In chrome on your PC, Right-click page->inspect and go to the console tab. Refresh main SMS page, wait for it to finish loading then paste the console contents here. Thanks in advance!

9. RandomScrub

RandomScrub New Member

I hope this is what you were looking for.

smschrome.js:10 307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4
    sms.html?deviceId=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4:190 Not initing messenger yet: APIs not ready
    sms.html?deviceId=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4:207 Initing messenger now!
    sms.html?deviceId=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4:319 Checking last smses after 60 seconds...
    sms.html?deviceId=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4:219 Refreshed Token:
    sms.html?deviceId=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4:220 Object {state: "", access_token: "ya29.dAIP5YhmPL6N5hJpgeaBdV2FZ_yjtcnzdHCy_vE1v5ZKBNk-6rXk7gp7Hq4O4y-sptRbdQ", token_type: "Bearer", expires_in: "3600", scope: "https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email htt…/drive https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file"…}
    drivefilechecker.js:79 Not checking for updates. Donwloading: lastsms=:=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4
    drivefilechecker.js:52 File is not newer than last download. No need to download.
    drivefilechecker.js:79 Not checking for updates. Donwloading: contacts=:=307febd02b3446eabecec2e454dc41a4
    drivefilechecker.js:52 File is not newer than last download. No need to download.

10. joaomgcd

everything seems to be ok... I'll try to figure out why that happens, thanks

11. mowerpower

mowerpower New Member

Was this issue ever resolved? I am encountering the exact same thing. I see duplicates of every SMS conversation, specifically outgoing messages. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I believe this only happens when I send from my Android (T-Mobile S6 Edge) to a recipient with an Apple Device.

12. joaomgcd

@mowerpower I haven't encountered anything that would make this happen... Do you have duplicates of messages when you click on a message thread, or duplicates of the threads themselves?

: sms