AutoVera Simple toggle not updating ... unless editied!

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by twiseva, Dec 19, 2019.

1. twiseva

twiseva New Member

Ok, so I am sure I am missing something here BUT I have a simple autovera task that updates a virtual switch. It basically seems to have stopped working most of the time.

In tasker when I run it manually, autovera pops up the toast but there are no changes to anything. I have one to turn the virtual switch on and one to turn it off.

Now, I can make it work EVERYTIME by editing the task first -- so I hit edit on the task, I change NOTHING, and then save. After this the task work perfectly. IN this case, the toast has a lot of details including old state and new state -- and it changes the value as expected.

What am I missing?

2. Flackburst

Flackburst New Member

Hi I have been having same issue. Was an intermittent problem on my old Galaxy S7, but terrible on my S10+ with Android 10. I edit the taks and it works as long as I am sending commands, but 5 10 minutes later, nothing. Half of my automation is through Tasker and Autovera, but now, NOTHING!
    And even though it does not work in Tasker, I still see toast from the Vera Lite for those devices that I have them set on for when the operate on their own.

These apps have not been updated since 2014 and since you have no comments here I guess is now dead and unsupported.

Anyone, ??????????????????

3. virtual

virtual New Member

I have the same behaviour, sometimes, with AutoInput... but a lot of time ago I had some emails with Joao and we were not able to understand the cause.
    Basically sometimes AutoInput stops recognizing a screen... but if I switch to Tasker, go into the task, go back and then going back to the non-working-screen AutoInput "resurrects" and recognize it.

If in your case it get worse with the higher Android version, probably it's due to the more aggressive background services killing by the OS... but in my case I was with Oreo 8.1 so it shouldn't be the only reason for this issue.