Open Substitute a different phrase than "tell autovoice" for Alexia Autovoice skill

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by himself, Jun 5, 2020.

1. himself

himself New Member

I have a bespoke application that I would like to control with Tasker and Autovoice using Amazon Alexa as the voice source.

I have Alexa, Tasker, Autovoice, and the Autovoice skill all setup.

I can say "Alexa, tell Autovoice [tell] searcher find ..." and AutoVoice receives "[tell] searcher find ...".

What I would like to say is "Alexa, tell searcher find ..." or "Alexa, searcher find ..."

I tried to find a way using Autovoice Smart Home devices but could get Alexa to do anything but try to interpret the utterance but not have Autovoice see it.

Is there a way that I can accomplish what I would like to say?

I am an experienced programmer and am willing to entertain a programming solution.

Regards,
    Jim

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. himself

himself New Member

Joaomgcd,

Thank you, I will look into the link you sent.
    Not to be rude, but would the source be a available for the Alexa AitoVoice skill, or is there an Intent or other vehicle I could use to send an input to AutoVoice or Tasker from an Alexa skill of my making?

Regards,
    Jim

4. himself

himself New Member

OK, using the example you pointed to I can now say "Alexa searcher" and fire up a task.

Can you point me to an example where such a task blindly sends an Intent to a bespoke app?

I can take it from there as I have a running VR service using the VR support from Android and supported in .Net, but I want to use Tasker to kick the VR service into listening and then the VR service will carry on a dialog using bespoke voice dialog scripts.

I considered learning how to do what I want in AutoVoice directly but time constraints prevent that. Maybe some other day.

Thanks,
    Jim O'Brien

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What app do you want to call exactly? :) Do you just want to send a random intent to it? If that's the case check out the Send Intent action. If not, maybe you can use the Shortcut action with it?