AutoInput Use Key Suppress While Screen Off

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Stupifier, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

So, how can I get AutoInput to acknowledge when I press hardware keys while the screen is OFF? I got AutoInput to respond to my hardware key presses while screen is ON...but it has problems while my screen is off.

I'd love to be able to do a specific Task when I press the Volume Up key while my phone is off in my pocket or something.

It makes sense that the Screen would need to be on while doing virtual key presses and touchscreen taps and such......But for Hardware Keys, there is no reason the Screen should be REQUIRED to be on.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Rojax

Rojax New Member

It has to be on for autoinput, however I've been using xposed module called Physical Button Music Control to customize my hardware buttons for screen off and it works great

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Lame Lollipop Samsung phones don't support Xposed yet.

I understand the screen needs to be on for AutoInput....but that is basically just because of the Screen Tapping functions and interactions with the screen. which AutoInput does.
    This is an entirely different function for AutoInput...it is dealing with the Physical Keys on the Phone and is totally unrelated to the Screen itself....which is why I would the AutoInput Dev could fix this easily.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Well, Android only sends the keys to AutoInput while the screen is on, so there's nothing I can do about it. Sorry!

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Ok. Thanks for looking into it.