AutoVoice "Always Cancel OK Google" Option Enabled Doesn't Trigger Tasks

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by BzowK, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BzowK

BzowK New Member

Hey Guys -

Thanks for the great software! I'm an AutoApps subscriber and have a question / issue, please. I have AutoVoice set up with Tasker to control my primary Kodi system. It only does simply actions and nothing complex. After extensive testing this morning, I have confirmed an issue with AutoVoice on my phone so wanted to post and see if it was known or if there was a known workaround.

The Issue
    When the option "Always Cancel OK Google" is enabled (does not follow through / open Google Now searches), my Tasker commands do not work. When the option is disabled (default - opens Google Now search with recognized term), it does trigger the Tasker action.

When "Always Cancel..." enabled and I say "OK Google", it acts as if it would work as it briefly opens Google Voice prompt. I speak the command and it plays the tone meaning it received / recognized a phrase, but I get no toast message and nothing else happens. In AV, the log doesn't even list anything as being recognized as it usually does. I can successfully execute the task using AV's test feature therefore it seems that the recognized command isn't being passed from Google Now to AV for whatever reason.

What I've Tried
    • Uninstalling AutoVoice, restarting phone, then reinstalling AutoVoice
    • Above action reset AV's config therefore I set up from scratch again including reenabling service permissions
    • Enabling "Alternate Method" with "Always Cancel OK Google" enabled
    Environment
    • Phone: HTC One A9
    • Android: Marshmallow / 6.x
    • Rooted / s-off
    • AutoVoice: 2.0.46 (latest)
    • Tasker: 4.8m (latest)
    Configuration
    • AutoVoice: All default settings after enabling integration & giving permissions for service
    • Tasker AV Profile Example Format: Event / Plug-in / AutoVoice: Recognized Command
    • Example of command: kodi play
    • Everything else in AV setting is left default
    What I'm Wanting
    Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything, I wanted to state what I was hoping enabling the option would do. When using AutoVoice to execute a task, it works - but - Google Now also opens and performs a search for what it recognizes. I don't want anything to display on the screen (except perhaps a toast) but still want the action to execute.

My guess is that it's due to Marshmallow, but think I remember the same thing occurring on my M7 previously which was on 5.1. I tried installing the "Tasker Now" app to see if it worked, but it wouldn't even open - even if I removed AutoVoice. Sorry to try competitor :)

Any ideas? Happy to try things or submit logs. Thanks!

2. RuggedHunter

RuggedHunter Member

I would turn off Always Cancel...let it run normally. Just add an autoinput global action, Back....to your entry task...first action.

:)

3. BzowK

BzowK New Member

Thanks for the reply... Don't understand what your suggestion was, though. Are you suggesting I add an AutoInput global action to the top of the task which the AutoVoice Profile triggers? Never used that before, I assume it would provide a similar experience as the Always Cancel? What makes it different than just adding a taskkill or similar for the Google app? Just curious.

Thanks again!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you check the description for the "Always Cancel..." option it's not what you want. It says "you won't be able to say commands to the google app" :)
    What you want should happen automatically. When AutoVoice recognizes a command it tries to back out of the search. If it doesn't then something in the task can be interfering with that process.
    Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

5. Gissinger

Gissinger New Member

Hey, i'm new on this forum. Did you resolve this problem, because i've got the same . LG 3 on android 6. Thank for the answer.