AutoCast Autocast doesn't work on my android box

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete_Repeat, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

So I have autocast working on my phone and tablet. But my himedia q10 pro box doesn't play well with autocast. This box has caused problems for me in the past because the manufacturer seems to think stripping things out of the settings and not allowing the notification draw to be accessed etc to be a great idea... Really not too happy about this premium (expensive) box but that is another matter.

When I try send an audio file or choose the speak option in autotask (in tasker) the task never gets any further than the cast step.

When I choose the language in the autocast object in the task, it returns a blank box with only Language and Cancel. No languages. But I have chosen the manually entering the language and this doesn't fix it.

The box is running Android 5.1, although there are 7 roms but I don't want to set the box up again (the upgrade wipes all data) to see if it fixes this problem just yet.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Does the box have Google Play Services installed?

3. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

Yes it does

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, can you maybe try installing a TTS engine from Google Play on it?

5. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

Unfortunately installing Google TTS engine didn't help. The languages still don't show, and when entering the language manually (as per my tablet task) the speach casting and the full screen media (with audio file) don't work.

I will check a few things and report back. I believe the speach cast stalled at that activity where the cast full screen media (audio file) went through that activity and just didn't get any response from the Google home.

I'll confirm all this though but it might be a few days