AutoCast Autocast youtube playlist doesn't play next

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by enderman, Feb 23, 2017.

1. enderman

enderman New Member

Not sure how to get this working.

I'm trying to cast youtube playlist using autocast and tasker. I tried several urls. something like this:
    https://www .youtube .com/watch?v=uEJuoEs1UxY&list=RDuEJuoEs1UxY

(added spaces to avoid being embedded on this page)

I tried youtu.be share link as well.

but it only plays the first song and stops. youtube only worked with best guess. not any web page.

my ultimate purpose is to use alexa pi to search youtube and play a mix playlist. so far stuck in this.

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. enderman

enderman New Member

Thank you for the reply. I just tested it with pre-made and it worked. is there a way to get it to work with those on the fly somehow? on mobile chrome browser, those playlists work. but maybe not possible through sdk.

A workaround idea I have. How about the ability to feed autocast with a video url using another custom url we enter in the config page (e.g. example.com/getmyvideos. autocast would then get the first video(s) to play by sending a GET request to the given page. after it finishes playback of those videos it goes back to the same page to get new ones. and so on. that way we can simulate on the fly playlists.

Thanks a lot

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

@enderman thanks for the suggestion! Yes, that's a possible solution! Thanks. I'll try to figure out a workaround-