AutoInput AutoInput Root - Replay Working but Locks UI Interactivity

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Richaardvark, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Richaardvark

Richaardvark New Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to use the AutoInput Root feature to programatically perform some swipes/gestures/taps on my device. I have it setup properly and am able to record and playback my gestures/taps just fine. However, once the recorded action is played back I lose the ability to control my device/the touch screen is no longer responsive to my touch. I am then forced to hard reboot my device. Is there any way to fix this?

I am running AutoInput version 2.8.1 on an Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) tablet, which is running Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop).

One additional question: is there any way/Tasker action/API to STOP the replay of an AutoInput Root action once it has started? I often need to "emergency stop" a Tasker action when I'm testing things and while I'm able to stop the Tasker action that calls the AutoInput Root replay, this doesn't stop AutoInput (as a separate program/plug-in) from continuing to run the playback. How can I stop the playback? I guess one way would be a shell script to kill AutoInput?