AutoNotification Blocking notifications from the same app with different type of filters

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by akivura, Apr 12, 2019.

1. akivura

akivura New Member

Hi. I'm trying to use AutoNotification to block different notifications from the same app. When I choose "yes" to "do you need help" question and block by either title or text from the list, it work flawlessly. But for some apps I need to block a specific title and a specific text value which belong to different notifications of the same app. When I add these values by choosing them from the list, AutoNotification just creates a unique entry with both title and text values. Am I missing something or title+text values for the same app works as connected by an "and" instead of an "or"?
    What I actually need is if app X sends a notification with either its title contains A or its text contains B, then block it.
    If title+text works as title and text, then adding the same app with different filters is needed to be available since that would probably solve my issue.

Edit: using Android Pie on Note 8, rooted

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report! You're right, unfortunately you can't do directly with blocks right now. What you can do is setup a profile in Tasker and intercept notifications for that app and then cancel them based on their text and title.
    Hope this helps!

3. akivura

akivura New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.