AutoTools Disable system-wide vibration?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Diggitydogg, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Diggitydogg

Diggitydogg New Member

Is there any possible way to disable system-wide vibration? I'd like to be able to have my vibration disabled while the screen is awake and re-enabled when the screen turns off. Any ideas on this? I have a Note 8 running 7.1.1 if it matters.

Thanks!

2. Sergpot

Sergpot New Member

Give this a try
    Profile > Display state > off --------- Action > Do not disturb > None
    Profile > Display state > on --------- Action > Do not disturb > All

3. Diggitydogg

Diggitydogg New Member

This is overkill though. The only thing I want to stop from happening is the vibration alert for notifications no matter what mode the sound toggle is in. The Tasker Vibrate on Notify appears to have been deprecated at some point so I was wondering if AutoTools had a way to mimic that behavior (which I think did what I'm looking for, though I am not sure to be honest). I used to have a jailbroken iPhone and using Automator I could just disable vibration while screen on. Granted, there is a toggle switch in the settings of iOS for that.

4. Sergpot

Sergpot New Member

Only effect is, notifications will arrive silenced. Isn't that what you want?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you try using the Secure Settings assistant in the AutoTools beta? :) If there's a secure setting for that it should show up that way.

6. bmello777

bmello777 Member

This would help because my Nokia 6.1 has very weak USB charging connections . If I could turn off the vibration system-wide (but keep the sound), it would allow my phone to charge more without interruption from loose charger port connections.
    I have been using the do not disturb mode, but that is not ideal for the task at hand.

I haven't found an option in the system settings that allow for this

: Vibrate, tasker