Locate your device to trigger gps on

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Gapkobob, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Gapkobob

Gapkobob New Member

Hey everybody, I have a small suggestion to make, for some people that dont have their gps on it would be nice that command "Locate your device" from join would trigger gps on in order for it to work. My gps is always off and it turns on when I open certain apps and goes off when I close it. I would create a task to do it, but I dont know how to activate it when "Locate your device" was used.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Can you clarify what you mean by "my GPS is always off"? Do you manually turn off your location mode in Android Settings?

3. Gapkobob

Gapkobob New Member

Sure I can clearify! As I said, its just off all the time and it only goes on with location mode (high accuracy) when I open certain apps(like maps, taxi and messaging). It goes off (location mode in tasker) as an exit task for an opened app.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh I see. :) Thanks for clarifying. Didn't understand that you were doing that yourself from Tasker.

5. soumyaranjanmahunt

soumyaranjanmahunt Member

It would be helpful, don't have to keep gps enabled always and drain battery.

Oneplus 5 Stock OOS

6. Gapkobob

Gapkobob New Member

Exactly, turn it on (if its turned on doesnt matter), get location and then turn it back off!

: tasker, join