Long delay after play any Task

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Nacho Goberna, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Nacho Goberna

Nacho Goberna New Member

Hello,
    Some days ago I got Tasker, Auto voice-cast-share-input.
    Looks amazing but i´am suffering a huge problem: big delays (can be minutes) between playing a task, no matter if playing it inside tasker or with a shorcut and happens in all type of tasks.
    First let me say my phone is a Samsung S7 with Android Nougat 7 - using Nova launcher.
    At first, when i began creating different tasks, simple ones or using plugins, it works ok, just 3, 4 seconds between running the task and stuff reacting ok. But after a day, more or less, it´s unusable, huge delays in every task.
    So i delete all tasks and began again with just one task, a simple one that toggle a Yeelight and then toggle music play using Unified remote.
    The delay, minutes, is there :(
    Any ideas where can be the problem? Any ideas how can I solve it?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    P.S. I attached the xml of the only task I have now

Attached Files:

2. 3m0

3m0 New Member

I've been noticing the same thing the last couple of days, I wonder if a tasker update messed something up? Delays anywhere from 5 seconds to 60 seconds and rebooting the device or restarting tasker has not helped.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

4. Nacho Goberna

Nacho Goberna New Member

Thanks Joao, after reading the forum you point me to, yes, thats is exactly what is happening in my phone with tasker (big delays executing tasks), and also when installing an app in Google play it takes long time between finish download (100%) and beggining the installation.
    I just did what Ian Grody recommends: downgrade Google App to at least 7.1.28-21.
    Let´s see what happens in next hours...

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Member

Curious.....these past few days I noticed something very similar with my Tasker Tasks. It made me so mad. I ended up Backing up everything (Titanium Backup Pro), Wiping my phone, Re-Flashing my custom ROM (CM13), and restoring all my apps. After I did that, everything seems normal/fast now.

FWIW, I'm now running Google App Version 7.3.19.21.arm64

Update: I have a Goolge (Beta) update waiting for me......Now I'm reluctant to update

6. 3m0

3m0 New Member

Joao is correct that it is the Google App causing problems. Downgrade it to a previous version and everything works as it should

7. Nacho Goberna

Nacho Goberna New Member

Thanks to confirm 3m0. Here, 24 hours with Tasker working ok after downgrade. Certainly looks like Google App latests versions are causing this big problems. Hope Google will fix it. Any news I´ll keep informing here.
    Tasker and Autoplugins are amazing Joao. I´m really enjoying diving into the posibilities they offer.
    Thanks!

8. harbinger

harbinger New Member

On 7.1.2 I was having this issue, and using version 7.1.28-21 took care of it.

I decided to try O DP3 on my Nexus 6P today, and tested version Google App 7.3.25-16. for the past 12 hours, it has worked with all of my AutoVoice, Input, and Notification Tasker profiles with no problems.
    Edit:
    Spoke too soon-- now it just opens the Google Assistant UI when I say "Okay Google" and is back to the unresponsiveness reported here. Rolled back to 7.2.20-21 and it's working again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017