Can't Fix Messages not sending or receiving at times

Discussion in 'Join' started by ocbit, May 23, 2019.

1. ocbit

ocbit New Member

Good day,

I find when using Join with the Chrome extension, messages fail to send to the recipient, sometimes spinning for what seems like ages or until I pick up my phone, unlock it and I see the Join toast "SMS message sent...". This happens randomly, even after most of the day it works flawlessly, then this issue occurs. It's really frustrating as you can imagine.
    The second issue is incoming messages flash once on arrival then when I open the Chrome extension chat window, that message is not to be found. Again, frustrating.
    What's the cause of this? GCM/FCM? Network or Join itself?
    I'm using Join 2.1.1

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

when sending of messages is not working can you please run diagnostics on your phone in the Join app and see how that works?

3. ocbit

ocbit New Member

Hi Joao, this issue happened again and when I ran diagnostic like you suggested, it was complaining about receiving push. Funny thing is 10 minutes before it was working fine, then after about 20 minutes, I ran diagnostic again and everything passed and the message went through. I wonder if it's a glitch somewhere in the network that is causing this. What are your thoughts?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that does seem like a network issue to me... Something on the network is blocking push notifications? Sorry, not really sure what it could be :(

5. ocbit

ocbit New Member

Ok. This can be closed

: Join, SMS