Solved Problems with the task LOCK (screen).

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Waidulis, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Waidulis

Waidulis New Member

Hello.

I made a profile to control Child Android tablet. When tablet connects to wifi, it determines when was the last time played, and if certain amount don’t pass, it LOCKS screen with the code. If certain amount already passed, it lets to play him for 30 minutes, then warns him and again LOCKS the screen with the code (when he simply shut downs the tablet).

It used to work with out any issues before. A few days ago, I renewed a little bit differently tablets accounts (made account for child), installed Google Family Link to control his account, reinstalled Tasker in to his account. And now something wrong with the task LOCK. Sometimes it works (locking table appear), sometimes not (locking table not appear, although the other tasks goes further). For example, if I put even new task LOCK, and simply test it, it works. I enter the code for it, and again test the task, and it do not work anymore (but sometimes it works for a few times). I am playing with that for a few days and can’t to determine any pattern why it is so? All other tasks in this algorithm works.

Tablet is not Rooted. Android 9. All needed permissions for Tasker granted, at least I think so. What could be wrong? Maybe it is smg to do with the Google Family Link, because it too controls account?

Thank you for any help.

2. Waidulis

Waidulis New Member

Well, probably it's my mistake. It seems smf to do with the DISPLAY --> LOCK option "Remember Till Off". I use LOCK two times in the profile. One to lock if certain amount of time didn't pass, and the second to lock after 30 minutes of play. So, it seems in first LOCK command you need to untic option "Remeber Till Off", in order to work properly further. It seems now is everything working. Thank you.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad it's working! :)

: Lock